User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    I did buy these vents weeks before getting the trailer because I saw the comments. It's not at all helping when I close down the bathroom vent. It's so hot there I'm worried about closing it too much. But just the same no change
    You're closing the heater vent, correct?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You're closing the heater vent, correct?
    Yes the one best the toilet in the floor

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Yes the one best the toilet in the floor
    It's the first vent off the heater, so it gets the hottest, most forced air. Shouldn't be an issue if you close it completely.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to Grand Design today and they told me I would need to bring it to a dealer. My dealer is an hour and a half away. I also asked if every vent coming from the furnace is 4". However that I just learned is not the case.

I think the problem is the master bedroom ductwork is only 2" in size. Why they would take the longest run and reduce it in half makes no sense. The longer the run, typically the greater the diameter ductwork. There are only two possible reasons they might have done this.

A) the Master with the door closed could be considered slightly smaller, though certainly not half of the living room.
    B) and maybe a greater reason, there is very little space in the area of that wall. In fact there is another 2" line that runs close to this hole in the wall.

See below pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small vent.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	30415
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4inch vent vs 2 inch.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	30416
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looknow12, My wife and I (and three kids) picked up the 23BHE from a dealer in Indiana on March 1st, this year. We drove 4,964 miles to Fairbanks, Alaska, arriving on March 21st. When things started to get cold, up into Canada, we drained the water and winterized the plumbing but still stayed in it in the evenings. Our coldest night was 9˚F. I noticed the same thing about the bathroom, we just put a small box in the doorway to the bathroom so it couldn't shut during the night. This summer, I took a closer look at the system and discovered the same thing as some people posting on here, about the 2" duct with a 4" fixture on it. To me, it seems a little bit misleading. However, I purchased a 4" closable vent for the bathroom and swapped it out. When I close that one, I notice a considerable increase in air movement to the bedroom, as well as warmer air. It does take a while for the air to warm up in the bedroom vent. I'm guessing that the bedroom vent goes through the basement, either heating that as well or bleeding some of the heat into that cavity before going to the bedroom. Either way, we haven't noticed a big issue with keeping the RV warm all around unless it gets down below freezing. After we put that vent in, the heat can be on in the RV and a person can take a shower with that vent closed all the way and the bathroom doesn't turn into a sauna. Overall, we really like the trailer and we're looking forward to a three month trip to the "lower 48" this coming spring.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. See a more active thread on heat distribution. Including pictures of underbelly I posted.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...e?goto=newpost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my dealer is going to call me back after talking to the rep and trying some adhoc fix.

So I ran some tests on CFM. My calculations might be slightly off, but you can use this as a comparison.
    Bath - 60CFM
    Living Room - 46CFM
    Master Bedroom - 34CFM

So that's pretty bad, but temp numbers are horrific for Master Bath:
    Note: The furnace cycles the flame so below is are ranges
    Bath - 112.6F - 137.7F
    Living Room - 102.2F - 129.6F
    Master Bedroom - 80F-92.4F

Now if you're thinking maybe there is a problem there is. You cannot possibly heat the master bedroom with 90 degree and less temperature. Not unless you have a lot of air moving...we aren't even close.

Keep in mind wall temperatures I tested using a laser are about 59F at 8pm after a 55F Outdoor Temp day. By morning, they will plummet. Floor temp is 55F.

GD, come on. We need to fix this.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on this? We have the same problem, same model.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geobrian View Post
    Any update on this? We have the same problem, same model.
    No. I met with the grand design rep at my dealer. Dropped off the rv first week in December and have not heard anything despite repeated follow ups. we had discussed a few options but not happy with the response time on this. I will try to call grand design directly tomorrow to complain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12