User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up new XLS 23BHE Yesterday!

A bit of miscommunication with the dealer. They had said, when can you come and look and finalize paperwork and we had driven 1.5 hours one way, and the coach was not ready. So while they did go thru their checklist, we were so pressed for time we didn't get an opportunity to do our own full walk thu.

Brought it home and started getting things setup in the driveway. This is our first RV so we are taking it one step at a time. We put chocks in place, disconnected hitch, put down stabilizers, connected power. Put out slide and awning.

Only thing I noticed was TV did not work, but none of the outlets worked. Found GFI in bathroom and reset it. Good to go now.

I will post separately about setup.

We managed to get an extension power cord and a regulator out of the dealer.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    A bit of miscommunication with the dealer. They had said, when can you come and look and finalize paperwork and we had driven 1.5 hours one way, and the coach was not ready. So while they did go thru their checklist, we were so pressed for time we didn't get an opportunity to do our own full walk thu.

Brought it home and started getting things setup in the driveway. This is our first RV so we are taking it one step at a time. We put chocks in place, disconnected hitch, put down stabilizers, connected power. Put out slide and awning.

Only thing I noticed was TV did not work, but none of the outlets worked. Found GFI in bathroom and reset it. Good to go now.

I will post separately about setup.

We managed to get an extension power cord and a regulator out of the dealer.
    Welcome to the group. Dont be shy to post any questions.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We picked up the same model about a week ago in Texas and headed back to Colorado for our shakedown trip. We love it and no issues so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new purchase of your 23BHE. You going to love that trailer. Ours is about a year old now and we took it out as much as we can this season and we love it! We ran into the same issue on the GFI in the bathroom. No big deal. Enjoy.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST 6.2 liter max trailer pkg.
    Fastway Trunnion E2 2-Point Sway Control Hitch
    Markham, Ontario Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IROCQUE View Post
    Congratulations on the new purchase of your 23BHE. You going to love that trailer. Ours is about a year old now and we took it out as much as we can this season and we love it! We ran into the same issue on the GFI in the bathroom. No big deal. Enjoy.
    Have you used the heat and noticed the problem bath hot and bedroom cold?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Have you used the heat and noticed the problem bath hot and bedroom cold?
    Common issue in many models and brands. May need to purchase an upgraded vent cover with dampener for the bathroom, which will likely then give you more flow to the bedroom.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the bathroom turns into a sauna while we get very little heat in the bedroom. We leave the bathroom door wide open and the door to get some heat. Apparently this is a common issue on these models.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST 6.2 liter max trailer pkg.
    Fastway Trunnion E2 2-Point Sway Control Hitch
    Markham, Ontario Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome...I’m about 2 weeks ahead of you in this world...so ask me nothing[emoji23][emoji23] i had the same issue with the a/c (‘21 xls 24mpr) blows so hard out of the bathroom and next to nothing out of the vent pointed at the bed. I’m assuming the heat will be the same. Looking at the vent cover for sure!![emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Common issue in many models and brands. May need to purchase an upgraded vent cover with dampener for the bathroom, which will likely then give you more flow to the bedroom.
    I did buy these vents weeks before getting the trailer because I saw the comments. It's not at all helping when I close down the bathroom vent. It's so hot there I'm worried about closing it too much. But just the same no change
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yngc277 View Post
    Welcome...I’m about 2 weeks ahead of you in this world...so ask me nothing[emoji23][emoji23] i had the same issue with the a/c (‘21 xls 24mpr) blows so hard out of the bathroom and next to nothing out of the vent pointed at the bed. I’m assuming the heat will be the same. Looking at the vent cover for sure!![emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ac ductwork is different than heat. Ac uses the ceiling racetrack system. Heat comes from the belly in the walls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast