Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sewer odor

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sewer odor

Our rig is a 2019 Momentum 395M. Off and on we experience sewer order inside the rig. We get a strong odor when opening the cabinet door on the wall above the kitchen sink. There is not any odor coming from the cabinet under the sink. On the opposite side of the wall is the toilet. I’m at a loss. Has anyone out there experienced this problem? Any information would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Frank,
    Do a search on the forum for "air admittance valve." I have two, one under the counter in the bathroom, and another connected under the kitchen sink. Be careful if you buy one though. Mine needed female threads, and the ones I bought, as well as most you will find, are male. I found on Amazon a female threaded one, but was too big to go under the bathroom counter. On one of the threads you will find on here, a person found that by washing the old valve, it seemed to do the trick.
    take care
    Rob
    Last edited by RobM; 10-22-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and I'm not 100% sure I have solved it. By the sounds of your issue its not the typical automatic vent issue. Mine was similar, we have a 377 and occasionally we would get a bad sewer odor right by the entry door/bunk room. Under both sinks was fine. There is a tank vent that runs in that wall from the back grey tank. We ended up pulling the paneling and checking that pipe. We didn't find anything obvious but there was a screw through the pipe. Anyway we re-ran the pipe to make sure all the fittings were properly glued. So far so good but we have only had one trip since the fix and the odor was never consistent so only time will tell. These things can be a major PITA to find if its not the easy auto vent issue.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. I have replaced both of those things and still have an odor. It’s not all the time, but it there. Thanks for the feedback.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've gotten gassed out from the air conditioners every so often when someone flushes and the air is blowing just right to send it near the running air conditioner from the p trap vent on the roof. They aren't perfectly sealed and every once in awhile we'll get the smell. Took me about a year full-time to actually figure it out.

I've used the better sewer trap tops you can get with fairly good success. It happens less often and only when the wind is just right now.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN