User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    I just bought a Chevy 3500 SRW earlier this summer. My previous truck was a Nissan Titan, so I've never had another "HD" truck before the Silverado. But can't say enough good things about it.
    I have a 2016 2500 Dmax. I haven't had any problems out of it except DEF so I deleted it. It will handle the hauler empty but its touchy. I think I am going to get a dually just unsure which one yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    I currently have a 2016 2500HD pretty much problem free 151000 miles. Only issue I have had was DEF so I deleted it. I am digging the body style and paint option of the F350 more than the Denali line. Im not looking to bash either and I know most ppl are brand loyal but why would you pick one of the other good or bad.

Many Thanks!!!!
    I picked up a Denali HD this summer, for me I dig the GMC more than the Ford. Not sure what the camera system is like on the Ford but the GM cameras are awesome, love the camera on the mirror.

Yeah DEF is a legitimate concern, but I have a Flying J close to home so I get pump DEF.

Also I like the GMC tailgate over the Fords, the old man step to me is invaluable for me.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a new 2019 F350 SRW and now has less than 15,000 miles and the steering wheel occasionally shakes really bad when I hit a bump or groove in the highway. I have to slow down to below 35 MPH to get it to stop. It’s the 6.7L and other than the steering dampener problems it’s been fantastic. I’m going in to the dealership as soon as I can get to get a steering dampener fix, they say will help. Not sure if the Ford DRW trucks have this issue but something to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the 3500 HD Denali this summer as well. Have always been a GM guy so cannot compare to the Ford. However I can tell you that it is an incredible truck to drive with all the features. At 100 kph / 60 mph hauling a Reflection 315RLTS it is running 1200 rpm and says "what trailer". Even when climbing a hill. The engine brake is a great feature too. Yes it is overkill for this trailer however there is a fifth wheel in sight. Good luck with your search.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 years 2011 to 2016. Have 2020 GMC crew cab 2500 hd short bed SLT love this truck. Second GMC Duramax last one 2008 only thing done was new DPF after 131000 miles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanthepilot View Post
    I bought a new 2019 F350 SRW and now has less than 15,000 miles and the steering wheel occasionally shakes really bad when I hit a bump or groove in the highway. I have to slow down to below 35 MPH to get it to stop. It’s the 6.7L and other than the steering dampener problems it’s been fantastic. I’m going in to the dealership as soon as I can get to get a steering dampener fix, they say will help. Not sure if the Ford DRW trucks have this issue but something to consider.
    That’s called “death wobble” and can plague any vehicle but is more common with solid front axle vehicles and is even more common on trucks with solid front axles with coil springs vs leaf leaf springs. Ford super duty’s have been battling this issue since 2005. The duallies are affected as well but not all trucks do it. Some have the death wobble right from the factory and some develop it over time/miles/wear, some develop the death wobble with certain mods; lift kits, wheels, tires, etc. Since your truck is new, I recommend going through your dealership and/or ford customer service to address this issue. There’s a number of fixes, or good combinations of fixes that can eliminate this dangerous issue. Unfortunately, what eliminates this on one truck doesn’t always work on another truck. The most common causes are; loose or worn steering components, bad steering gear box (sometimes adjusting the preload on the box can help), bad steering damper (invest in a dual steering damper system with the best dampers your budget can buy), out of alignment (more positive toe-in and more caster can help), worn or improper load rated tires (good, properly load rated tires can help), believe it or not- aftermarket wheels with less backspace and slightly wider tires can also help but I’m not a fan of that look- ymmv. I do recommend getting it fixed ASAP because every time it has a shake episode, it accelerates the wear and tear on everything, especially the rest of the suspension.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    That’s called “death wobble” and can plague any vehicle but is more common with solid front axle vehicles and is even more common on trucks with solid front axles with coil springs vs leaf leaf springs. Ford super duty’s have been battling this issue since 2005. The duallies are affected as well but not all trucks do it. Some have the death wobble right from the factory and some develop it over time/miles/wear, some develop the death wobble with certain mods; lift kits, wheels, tires, etc. Since your truck is new, I recommend going through your dealership and/or ford customer service to address this issue. There’s a number of fixes, or good combinations of fixes that can eliminate this dangerous issue. Unfortunately, what eliminates this on one truck doesn’t always work on another truck. The most common causes are; loose or worn steering components, bad steering gear box (sometimes adjusting the preload on the box can help), bad steering damper (invest in a dual steering damper system with the best dampers your budget can buy), out of alignment (more positive toe-in and more caster can help), worn or improper load rated tires (good, properly load rated tires can help), believe it or not- aftermarket wheels with less backspace and slightly wider tires can also help but I’m not a fan of that look- ymmv. I do recommend getting it fixed ASAP because every time it has a shake episode, it accelerates the wear and tear on everything, especially the rest of the suspension.
    I installed the Pro Comp 222582 Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit for Ford F250/F350 they haven't "certified" it yet for the 2019 F350, however my service advisor said they put this exact one in the 2019 F350s. This "cured" my death wobble. I even left the factory damper on the truck. I couldn't be happier with the stabilizer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One person said it."cameras." GM's prograde trailer package with all the technology cameras is simply awesome

Turn on the blinker when trailer is connected and no blind spot. Camera shot (fish eye style) from the edge of the mirror straight back ... shows up in the infotainment. Overhead camera shot, bed view, hitch view, front of trailer view. If the trailer is short enough...it will do a ghost view making the trailer invisible. And you can add 2 cameras (wired) from trailer to the truck to display on the infotainment.

You can also have 4 trailer TPMS monitored by the truck.

That all frees my dash from the extra monitors.

BTW, grew up on Ford "A" plan. Hate the seats in GM (and I own a Denali). Like a padded rock. My last ford felt like it was cradling my **********.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote 3500HD, but I have always been biased for GM. Never had a diesel or HD truck before, but enjoy it as a daily driver and the towing I have used it for so far. Plan to put this truck through the many trips over the next year so looking forward to see how it does going forward. Need to pull my trailer tires and get the OEM TPMS set installed in the next week (i.e. no additional monitoring item).
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
    Another vote 3500HD, but I have always been biased for GM. Never had a diesel or HD truck before, but enjoy it as a daily driver and the towing I have used it for so far. Plan to put this truck through the many trips over the next year so looking forward to see how it does going forward. Need to pull my trailer tires and get the OEM TPMS set installed in the next week (i.e. no additional monitoring item).
    Do all the maintenance before it is due since you will use it as a daily driver. Short trips make for short life on a diesel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast