User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7248 View Post
    Do some research on the front end of the F350 and see if Ford has done anything about the death wobble. We had a 2016 Ford and could not get rid of the death wobbles. We went to GMC and have not had a problem.
    When my special order 2019 F350 showed up at the dealer, I had them install dual steering stabilizers and the level kit....no issues even after putting 35s on it...YMMV
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7
    2020 Reflection 268BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ManoFmanyStangs, I didn't see where you indicated what you were pulling. As far as truck recommendation goes,,,,,,, I've owned 4 Superdutys starting with a 1999 7.3L, 2005 6.0L, 2010 6.4 and now my 2017 F350. Over 600K between them and only two issues and they were both on my 2005 6.0L -- turbo went out and fuel injection control module died.
    Other than than that no issues. One maintenance item I'm hypervigilant about is my oil changes every 5K.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    manofmanystangs, i didn't see where you indicated what you were pulling. As far as truck recommendation goes,,,,,,, i've owned 4 superdutys starting with a 1999 7.3l, 2005 6.0l, 2010 6.4 and now my 2017 f350. Over 600k between them and only two issues and they were both on my 2005 6.0l -- turbo went out and fuel injection control module died.
    Other than than that no issues. One maintenance item i'm hypervigilant about is my oil changes every 5k.
    381m......

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered the 2021 F-450 thanks everyone for the input 8-12 weeks out

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    Congrats...you will love it!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope so never thought I would ever pay as much for a truck as I did my first home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up with the Ford after having given all the beasts a trial spin. The biggest factor (aside from getting a good deal) in our decision was that both wife and I BOTH felt the visibility in the Ford - especially with the extending mirrors - was just that much better. We just feel safer, even though we feel like we're hurtling down the road in a unit that is about the same size as a Mercury capsule!
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    Congrats! I absolutely love my 2020 Silverado 3500, it's a beautiful truck. Sometimes I consider what I'd do if I got a dually and I think I'd get the F-450. The thing about the Chevy's is there are some DEEP discounts to be had if you look hard enough. I got mine brand new, with every option I wanted, fully loaded High Country, and got $12k off MSRP. I haven't seen discounts like that on new F-450's in my limited research.

Also, I really don't want a dually. I love loving my truck haha, it's not just a work/haul truck which I feel it'd be more of if I got a dually and not "what I want". I'm within my limits (pin weight and GVRW) but I am curious on what difference I'd personally feel with the dually.

Post up some pics in 8-12 weeks haha!

Btw, what trim and color did you go for?
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Congrats! I absolutely love my 2020 Silverado 3500, it's a beautiful truck. Sometimes I consider what I'd do if I got a dually and I think I'd get the F-450. The thing about the Chevy's is there are some DEEP discounts to be had if you look hard enough. I got mine brand new, with every option I wanted, fully loaded High Country, and got $12k off MSRP. I haven't seen discounts like that on new F-450's in my limited research.

Also, I really don't want a dually. I love loving my truck haha, it's not just a work/haul truck which I feel it'd be more of if I got a dually and not "what I want". I'm within my limits (pin weight and GVRW) but I am curious on what difference I'd personally feel with the dually.

Post up some pics in 8-12 weeks haha!

Btw, what trim and color did you go for?
    I currently have a 2500 GMC but watching the reviews with the turning radius of the F450 is the reason I went that route. Pin with with the 381m was just just not an option with the SRW for me.

Platinum Lithium Gray

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345