User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    Are you sure about that? The DM did use a CP4. When did it change if so?
    Yes
    The LP5 uses a Denso pump
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well cool. I didn't know the dumped the Bosch. It's not a great pump. I put a "disaster prevention kit" on mine. Hopefully it saves my injectors if it lets go.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK the L5P from model year 2017 through the present has been very reliable
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is ford still using the CP4? For 2020 I thought with their new very high pressure common rail system (35,000 psi) they would have used something new or improved? I was not aware the CP4 could produce that kind of pressure. Does someone make a replacement pump that is better?

Trying to educate myself
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Is ford still using the CP4? For 2020 I thought with their new very high pressure common rail system (35,000 psi) they would have used something new or improved? I was not aware the CP4 could produce that kind of pressure. Does someone make a replacement pump that is better?

Trying to educate myself
    Yes, still in use. While gm and ram can retro to cp3 with a kit there isn't a retro to previous ford pump AFAIK. Only option I know of there is bypass kit "disaster prevention kit" from s&s diesel. Others may have better info.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to educate myself
    What I've read from the info Ford sent us is that the 2020 pump is re-designed with a heavier duty housing and internals to cope with the higher pressures. Supposedly they've really beefed it up so hopefully that fixes the past issues.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to educate myself
    Yes, both Ford and Ram are now using it.
    They increased the stroke to achieve the higher pressure......
    I am not a fan of doing this on a problematic pump.

In fact the main reason I sold my 2011 CP4 equipped truck was that I did not want to play CP4 roulette. (without a warranty)
    All motors will have a fuel pump go bad at some point.... On most motors, you just replace the pump and it's fixed..... On a CP4 motor, you gotta replace the entire fuel system.
    Last edited by huntindog; 10-25-2020 at 01:42 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    In fact the main reason I sold my 2011 CP4 equipped truck was that I did not want to play CP4 roulette. (without a warranty)
    That was exactly my thinking and why we sold the 2011 F-350 and bought the truck we're now driving.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the same transmission

The 10 speed trans in both are basically the same as it was a joint venture to develop it. Currently the Ford 6.7 has the power edge and I believe they got the dependability up. I like the Ford seats better, but I am a bit biased. The deluxe ones have more adjustment in the ford.

This is incorrect. The 10 speed is only the same between the Ford and GM on the 1/2 ton trucks. The 10 speed HD transmissions are different.

Setting Up Camp weekend warrior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Chevy 3500 SRW earlier this summer. My previous truck was a Nissan Titan, so I've never had another "HD" truck before the Silverado. But can't say enough good things about it.
    2021 Reflection 31 MB
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 High Country SRW w/ Duramax
    Reese Goosebox 16k

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast