User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    I currently have a 2016 2500HD pretty much problem free 151000 miles. Only issue I have had was DEF so I deleted it. I am digging the body style and paint option of the F350 more than the Denali line. Im not looking to bash either and I know most ppl are brand loyal but why would you pick one of the other good or bad.

Many Thanks!!!!
    Do some research on the front end of the F350 and see if Ford has done anything about the death wobble. We had a 2016 Ford and could not get rid of the death wobbles. We went to GMC and have not had a problem.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I continue to be amazed at those who delete their vehicles emission controls and then advertise it. Civil penalties and injunctive relief from the EPA are substantial. Most car dealers won’t touch one as a trade in. Not to say none will, but that list is getting smaller all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    I continue to be amazed at those who delete their vehicles emission controls and then advertise it. Civil penalties and injunctive relief from the EPA are substantial. Most car dealers won’t touch one as a trade in. Not to say none will, but that list is getting smaller all the time.
    Absolutely agreed. It is literally a felony to alter the emissions system of your vehicle.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not entirely true - After 5 years the emissions warranty required by the EPA runs out. After that...well

Ill put it this way my 04 F350 with the 6.0 melted the EGR cooler at just over 100K, which blew the head gasket and a few other things. the dealer installed the EGR delete kit and installed a few other aftermarket parts to fix the motor (make it bullet proof) So depending on the age/mileage of the vehicle emissions modifications can be perfectly legal. Look it up

On edit - the land of Fruit and Nuts has their own rules.
    Last edited by powerscol; 10-29-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to get a dually, so I've been researching and test driving Ford, Chevy, and RAM. Here's a couple observations I'd share:

1. If you're considering an F-350 dually, do yourself a favor and at least test drive an F-450. The wider front axle gives the F-450 a much tighter turning radius than any of the other 350/3500 trucks. Comparatively equipped, the F-450 is only about $2100 more than the F-350.

2. If you're considering any of the Ford Super Duties, take a look at the upgraded dashboard and 12" entertainment/camera/nav screen which is on the 2021 F-150. Based on Ford's past upgrade history, that new dashboard and 12" screen will appear on the 2022 Super Duties, so depending on your situation and preferences it might be worth waiting a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Not entirely true - After 5 years the emissions warranty required by the EPA runs out. After that...well

Ill put it this way my 04 F350 with the 6.0 melted the EGR cooler at just over 100K, which blew the head gasket and a few other things. the dealer installed the EGR delete kit and installed a few other aftermarket parts to fix the motor (make it bullet proof) So depending on the age/mileage of the vehicle emissions modifications can be perfectly legal. Look it up

On edit - the land of Fruit and Nuts has their own rules.

EPA regulations regarding emission equipment do NOT expire after the emissions warranty is up. Of course, people violate the law all the time. Not sure when you had your delete done, but since 2009 EPA has been very aggressive going after the delete kit makers as well as those who have had deletes done.. There is a long list of those with large fines and most are no longer in that business. Civil liabilities are significant for just about any person or business involved. You might get away with it, but then again, maybe not. Just not worth it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPA regulations regarding emission equipment do NOT expire after the emissions warranty is up. Of course, people violate the law all the time. Not sure when you had your delete done, but since 2009 EPA has been very aggressive going after the delete kit makers as well as those who have had deletes done.. There is a long list of those with large fines and most are no longer in that business. Civil liabilities are significant for just about any person or business involved. You might get away with it, but then again, maybe not. Just not worth it.

I also just love the idea that these aftermarket kit makers and owners know better than Ford/GM/Ram how to tune and maintain a diesel truck engine. I am sure they are spending their massive R&D budgets on new paint colors and how to make parts that fail prematurely - they also love when they have lower performance or efficiency vs their competitors.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    I've been doing some cursory research toying with idea of moving to a dually. Typically gmc wouldn't be in the running but the new design and 10spd transmission have me interested. With that being said they do still lack one feature I'd like and that's adaptive cruise. Purely personal desire likely, and they do have some other options I'd like, but it's interesting they left that off redesign. Ford and ram keep flip flopping 1 and 2 with me thus far. I've had Rams for numerous years, but do hear grumblings about the cp4.2 and tranny issues
    I have a 2020 2500HD that has Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). I bought the only High Country on the lot at the time which happens to have ACC. According to the Owners Manual, ACC is an option on the 1500 series. According to cheverolet.com ACC is an option on HD's or High Country HD's? Ask the dealer...point is that it is available.
    2018 Imagine 2670MK
    2020 Silverado 2500HD High Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked at a 2021 Chevy 3500 today that had Adaptive Cruise Control.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My truck is Farm Use off road.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast