User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Ford F350 vs 2021 GMC 3500HD

I currently have a 2016 2500HD pretty much problem free 151000 miles. Only issue I have had was DEF so I deleted it. I am digging the body style and paint option of the F350 more than the Denali line. Im not looking to bash either and I know most ppl are brand loyal but why would you pick one of the other good or bad.

Many Thanks!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be between the RAM and GMC personally....but that is just me. Just never been a fan of the Ford aesthetics or interior
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the tranny's in the Rams holding up. I only hear the bad things.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmmmmm.....
    Love me a Ford dually.
    Stronger, better motor than the other 2 mentioned.
    Them rectangular rear fenders are sexy !!
    2017 Momentum 376th
    2000 Volvo 610 DD 12.7L Eaton 10 speed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing some cursory research toying with idea of moving to a dually. Typically gmc wouldn't be in the running but the new design and 10spd transmission have me interested. With that being said they do still lack one feature I'd like and that's adaptive cruise. Purely personal desire likely, and they do have some other options I'd like, but it's interesting they left that off redesign. Ford and ram keep flip flopping 1 and 2 with me thus far. I've had Rams for numerous years, but do hear grumblings about the cp4.2 and tranny issues

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    I've been doing some cursory research toying with idea of moving to a dually. Typically gmc wouldn't be in the running but the new design and 10spd transmission have me interested. With that being said they do still lack one feature I'd like and that's adaptive cruise. Purely personal desire likely, and they do have some other options I'd like, but it's interesting they left that off redesign. Ford and ram keep flip flopping 1 and 2 with me thus far. I've had Rams for numerous years, but do hear grumblings about the cp4.2 and tranny issues
    I thought I had read that GM plans to add it in a later year to this generation. No clue if it will be back-ported via software or if new hardware is required though. Believe they are bringing it out on the 1500s first. I agree, it is a glaring omission when they brought so much other modern tech to the platform with the new gen.

I am definitely biased to GMC (grew up in a Chevy family) but do think they could fix the above as well as make the interior a little more interesting (although it is very functional).
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 10 speed trans in both are basically the same as it was a joint venture to develop it. Currently the Ford 6.7 has the power edge and I believe they got the dependability up. I like the Ford seats better, but I am a bit biased. The deluxe ones have more adjustment in the ford.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    I currently have a 2016 2500HD pretty much problem free 151000 miles. Only issue I have had was DEF so I deleted it. I am digging the body style and paint option of the F350 more than the Denali line. Im not looking to bash either and I know most ppl are brand loyal but why would you pick one of the other good or bad.

Many Thanks!!!!
    I just bought my third dually. This time the choice was easy. GM. Why? They are the only one of the 3 not using the CP4 pump.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I just bought my third dually. This time the choice was easy. GM. Why? They are the only one of the 3 not using the CP4 pump.
    Are you sure about that? The DM did use a CP4. When did it change if so?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used through 2016 iirc, just now getting coffee, too lazy to search lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast