User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I'm thinking seriously about getting the MORryde IS w/disc brakes installed out here in Oregon.

The quote was almost $15,000.00. WOW (3 axle Solitude) 4 days to install.

Not having to worry about anything suspension related ever again is probably worth it. Less or easier maintenance too. KEN
    Should be around $9000.00 for trips.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Should be around $9000.00 for trips.

Red
    Here is what I got from Morryde. Shipping and higher labor fees of the West definitely raises the price. KEN

Thanks for your letter and interest in our Independent Suspension System for towables. With today’s rough roads, owners are looking for solutions to protect their trailer from damaging road shock as well as improve their towing experience.

The independent suspension completely replaces your traditional leaf-spring, shackle, and straight axle set-up. The independent suspension’s design will allow each wheel to roll independently over the rough spots on the road without reverberating the shock across to the other wheel. This independent design is combined with a unique rubber shear spring. The rubber shear spring will cushion and absorb shock. It is also engineered to give you 5.5” of wheel travel instead of 2” of wheel travel a stock equalizer will give you. The increased suspension travel, independent wheel action and ability of rubber to cushion shock allows the IS to provide:

- Much smoother towing

- Improved towability and handling

- Better protection of the trailer, its’ components and contents from damaging road shock

The IS system can be retrofitted at our service center in Elkhart, Indiana or at Henderson’s Line-up in Grants Pass, Oregon. This limited installation is to ensure the quality of the installation is maintained. At our facility in Elkhart, we do have electrical hook-ups for you to use. We will want you to come to our facility by noon the day before your appointment so we can measure your unit. The day of your appointment your unit will be pulled in for the work. The IS installation will take approximately 1 ½ days.

The pricing for the IS system is as follows:

• Tandem 7K IS $4,199

• Tandem 8K IS $4,899

• Triple 7K IS $6,399

• Triple 8K IS $7,149

The price includes parts, labor and alignment of each wheel. There is 7% sales tax on the parts only in Indiana. Should you wish to have the installation done at Hendersons Line-Up you will need to contact them for a quotation as they do have the added cost of freight and west coast labor costs to factor in.

A product that is gaining in popularity with towable owners is a disc brake conversion. The disc brakes take the place of the traditional electric brake. The disc brake package uses a pump to send the fluid to each of the wheels. An electric controller is still located in the truck to send the signal to the pump. The advantage of the disc brake package is

- Much shorter stopping distance

- Smoother and quieter braking operation

- Reduced brake fade

The addition of the disc brake package can be easily done during an IS installation. We do offer combination package pricing as follows:

• Tandem 7K IS and Disc Brakes $6,999

• Tandem 8K IS and Disc Brakes $7,499

• Triple 7K IS and Disc Brakes $10,399

• Triple 8K IS and Disc Brakes $10,899

An appointment is necessary to schedule the work. We do offer off season discounts in the December -February timeframe as well.

As of now, due to high demand of this product, we are currently scheduling appointments into 2021. We can gladly put you on a cancellation list if a sooner appointment were to become available.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule your appointment.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife want to go to Michigan in 2022 (when we retire) so we will go to Indiana then. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I can't tell if drums are still standard for the 310GK-R. From the Build & Price on the website, seems like 7k Discs and 8K discs are both options. Which would you choose - MORryde IS or factory axles and discs? The H rated Coopers are a Mandatory option for the 8K axles but per GD customer service, all the Solitudes were H rated week of Oct 5th. Different rim size or are they the same?

TIA
    I was talking to the MoRYDE rep at the mid-atlantic rally and he recommended ordering your 5th wheel with the factory installed disk brakes and 7k axles if you intend to upgrade at some point. MoRYDE will use the disk brakes for the IS install but throw the axles away. If you are absolutely sure you want the IS, I would get it installed before the trailer is shipped to the dealer as soon as it comes out of GD PDI.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    I was talking to the MoRYDE rep at the mid-atlantic rally and he recommended ordering your 5th wheel with the factory installed disk brakes and 7k axles if you intend to upgrade at some point. MoRYDE will use the disk brakes for the IS install but throw the axles away. If you are absolutely sure you want the IS, I would get it installed before the trailer is shipped to the dealer as soon as it comes out of GD PDI.
    Gary or the youngster?

After two weeks of watching transporters and seeing rigs that never made it to the dealer being reconstructed, I would find the absolute closest dealer to the factory and haul out for it myself!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    I would much rather have the larger bearings and brakes of the 8K axles
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Gary or the youngster?

After two weeks of watching transporters and seeing rigs that never made it to the dealer being reconstructed, I would find the absolute closest dealer to the factory and haul out for it myself!
    Was talking to Gary.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what that does to the install price from MORryde. The upcharge for 7K axles with factory disc brakes is north of $3K.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Wonder what that does to the install price from MORryde. The upcharge for 7K axles with factory disc brakes is north of $3K.
    You can call Brian at MORryde and he will quote you directly. As some mentioned, if you want a 7K IS you want them to put the 8K disc hub rotors on it because of the larger outer bearing compared to the 7K hub rotors.

As a data point, Performance Trailer Brakes can install the disc setup after the fact for $3K based on current pricing. I actually used their kit just recently for my rig. So if you're handy the cost is $2K and a Saturday.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just paid $3800 for:

8k Axles
    8k Disc Brakes
    Timken Bearings
    CRE3000s

And an additional $1400 for installation

All through Performance Trailer Breaking. I considered the IS but preferred this setup as it should last longer (the rubber in the IS shear spring is not a "forever" part) and IF I did need to replace a leaf spring pack on the road, they are readily available.

I already had the cross braces, HD shackles and wet bolts, and SRE4000s installed, so just swapped out the SRE4000s and was able to reuse the rest so this would be a few hundred higher if starting from scratch.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast