User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Antenna Replacement Coax Wire Route Question

Hello,
    This is on a 2018 303RLS with the bat wing style antenna from antenna tek.

I fought the tree and the tree won. Soooo.... I got the parts in and went up to change the parts out and found the antenna coax was run from the antenna through the roof (and sealed with silicone) with the end connector somewhere inside the roof. I opened the booster and didn't see what I thought would be the other end of the antenna's coax.

Has anyone found the end of that coax? I'm guessing maybe I can just pull it up from the top?

Thanks for the help,

Wayne

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are you can remove the plate on the inside that is under the antenna and you should find that there is a connection there from the antenna and back to the antenna/cable switch box.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne - I’ll tell you my story and let you figure out the coax run....While my 307MKS was in warranty, just barely by the way, the TV quit receiving any channels. I checked every coax connection I could find all the way to the antenna. Like others have posted in this forum, some were not even finger tight barely hanging on by a thread or two. I tightened all I found but no joy. Still no TV. I decided my antenna was faulty and since my warranty was about to expire took the RV back to the dealer for that and a few other little issues. They found the loose coax connection at the splitter UNDER THE TRAILER ABOVE THE AXLES. Now who in God’s name would put a splitter box there? My story, hope yours turns out better.

Ed
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply’s.

Due to rain over night I wound up just pulling it out up through the top side. There was just enough to get to the junction, that then went to the power booster in the ceiling. Seems like there was a pigtail from the antenna to the power booster. I had to get the wife to pull from the inside to get the slack back down into the roof. Reapplied some silicone and buttoned it all up. Thanks!