User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roof Height

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Measured my unit this morning, the height to the curb side rear corner is 113” - 115” given the wind and cover on the trailer.
    The curb side has the awning, which is lower than the roof so I tried to measure at least 12” in from the curb side wall. If I recall correctly you only had about 110” so I’m thinking the Imagines, non-XLS line, are a touch too high.

A trailer dolly/mover could be lowered to get the front under, I would think. This also has the benefit of making the unit almost theft proof, unless the thief also has a cart.

You might have to look at a smaller rig. Good luck.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groover View Post
    I took some accurate measurements of my space today.

In front of the eave: 28 ft 7 in. According to the GD website the 2600RB is 29 ft 8 in coupler to bumper. So that is 1 ft 1 in at the rear that goes under the eave, including the bumper.

If I have the trailer centered side to side in the space then 1 ft 2 in on the side goes under the eave.

So it's 1 ft 1 in by 1 ft 2 in of the rear corner of the trailer that would go under the eave. The eave is 9 ft 2 in high.

The GD website says the height is 11 ft 1 in. If I assume an AC height of 14 in then the crown of the curved roof is perhaps at 9 ft 11 in.

I am feeling pessimistic about this but I will wait until the local dealer has one in - looks like they have some on order - to go and measure myself.

I wonder if I could use one of those motorized dollies to pull it into the space tongue first?

Groover

You are awfully close one way or the other. Keep in mind that raising the tongue will lower the tail and visa-versa. Also, lowering the stabilizers/jacks will raise the trailer. Unless your pad is a perfectly flat and hard surface, moving the trailer will cause some "bouncing". Just some thoughts to watch out for.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Measured my unit this morning, the height to the curb side rear corner is 113” - 115” given the wind and cover on the trailer.
    The curb side has the awning, which is lower than the roof so I tried to measure at least 12” in from the curb side wall. If I recall correctly you only had about 110” so I’m thinking the Imagines, non-XLS line, are a touch too high.

A trailer dolly/mover could be lowered to get the front under, I would think. This also has the benefit of making the unit almost theft proof, unless the thief also has a cart.

You might have to look at a smaller rig. Good luck.
    Thanks for making those measurements for me!! I really appreciate that. Looks like it won't fit which is a bit of a bummer. We liked the single large slide out.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    For sure, your eave will be too low. It sounds like you do not have pavement, so is lowering the grade there a possibility? Certainly less expensive than a dolley.
    I thought about a trench for the wheels but I think it will cause issues with drainage during the monsoon.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groover View Post
    Thanks for making those measurements for me!! I really appreciate that. Looks like it won't fit which is a bit of a bummer. We liked the single large slide out.
    Can the eve be modified or trimmed back?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Can the eve be modified or trimmed back?
    Nothing a chainsaw wouldn't fix, right!?!

I was wondering the same since AZ homes tend to have extended eaves...

Pictures are worth a thousand words, and if we could see it, we might be able to help more - plenty of us here have construction backgrounds.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you pulled the trailer in tongue first, the eave is not a concern as the top of the front cap is at least 4’ from the coupler. If you don’t mind taking the time to pull it in, might just be the easy fix.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget if it has a roof ladder...on the wrong corner...ask me how I know about that blunder
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 has a Coleman too. I definitely recommend that you find a prospective unit and measure it yourself...or at least supervise the measuring!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12