Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof Height

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof Height

We are thinking of upgrading our current travel trailer to a 2600RB. In our parking spot the rear passenger corner of the trailer has to fit under the eave of a house.

Looking online I can see an overall height but not a roof height at the corner.

Does anyone happen to know this number? I've tried getting it from an RV dealer but they were resistant to getting the value for me.

Thanks!

Groover

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groover View Post
    We are thinking of upgrading our current travel trailer to a 2600RB. In our parking spot the rear passenger corner of the trailer has to fit under the eave of a house.

Does anyone happen to know this number? I've tried getting it from an RV dealer but they were resistant to getting the value for me.

Thanks!

Groover
    Welcome!

It's not really a published value out there. In fact, the overall height is usually a little proud of reality. Hopefully an owner will see your thread and measure their rig for you.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that number can vary when measuring easily depending on leveling. Especially since someone might measure the rear. Slight change in level if connected to truck or on outriggers could be a few inches. Measure at center of trailer and then give yourself plenty of leeway.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Groover
    Be very careful with any measurement you get.
    As has been pointed out it can vary even the tires can affect height.
    The only measurement I would trust is the trailer you purchase and
    remember the height of a trailer can vary due to terrain, tires and other
    conditions.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parking spot is level and compact, so it would be the height at the rear corner which is the only part that would just go under the eave with normal tire pressure and level trailer. The eave would only overlap the roof by less than a foot. A ballpark figure would at least give me an idea if this trailer is a non-starter or not.

Does anyone know what make and model of AC is installed on the 2600RB?

Thanks, Groover

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parking spot is level and compact, so it would be the height at the rear corner which is the only part that would just go under the eave with normal tire pressure and level trailer. The eave would only overlap the roof by less than a foot. A ballpark figure would at least give me an idea if this trailer is a non-starter or not.

Thanks, Groover
    Depends when it was/is built.

Older models had Coleman Mach 15k units. Newer ones are getting Furrion 15k units.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why trust a dealer? You have a pretty specific request. By curb side rear corner, how much of the rear corner is under the eave? You need to consider both the height over the corner and the bat dome. The 2600RB has a crowned roof, about 4-5 inches. To be safe I’d measure a unit at a dealership and allow at least 4-6 inches of safety.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took some accurate measurements of my space today.

In front of the eave: 28 ft 7 in. According to the GD website the 2600RB is 29 ft 8 in coupler to bumper. So that is 1 ft 1 in at the rear that goes under the eave, including the bumper.

If I have the trailer centered side to side in the space then 1 ft 2 in on the side goes under the eave.

So it's 1 ft 1 in by 1 ft 2 in of the rear corner of the trailer that would go under the eave. The eave is 9 ft 2 in high.

The GD website says the height is 11 ft 1 in. If I assume an AC height of 14 in then the crown of the curved roof is perhaps at 9 ft 11 in.

I am feeling pessimistic about this but I will wait until the local dealer has one in - looks like they have some on order - to go and measure myself.

I wonder if I could use one of those motorized dollies to pull it into the space tongue first?

Groover

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure, your eave will be too low. It sounds like you do not have pavement, so is lowering the grade there a possibility? Certainly less expensive than a dolley.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was an August build and has a 15k btu Coleman A/C.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast