User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    Due to an unfortunate accident with a bottle of wine one time in a previous trailer, it has been decided that no more glass bottles allowed for anything. I transfer all wine and other spirits into plastic bottles with screw on lids. Doesn't quite have the same social atmosphere as a pretty liquior bottle but it is much safer.
    We put a sock on all our glass bottles while in motion. And try to give them very little wiggle room.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the narrow cabinet next to fireplace. All liquor (except single malt of course) is transferred to smaller pint bottles. All beer in outdoor kitchen fridge. Wine will go in main fridge when opened. 1 bottle: in fireplace cabinet with liquor. More than one bottle: pantry.
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyHitched View Post
    Ok, so I've been married for 25 years, and before I take away my wife's kitchen storage for my bar, I'd thought I'd turn to the wise and wonderful folks of this forum and ask a very important question. How do you store your booze? I'd love to hear from the folks that carved out precious space in their rig for booze bottles, wine, mixer, openers, martini shakers, etc. Do you take kitchen storage space? Do you keep it near the TV and DVD shelves? Just curious... (photo's are encouraged). If your answer "in the cup-holder of the truck" you are disqualified from this post...
    My first thought was, who keeps it long enough to need storage for it?! However I guess we do store some.

Cans are on their sides in a clear plastic bin on the lower shelf of the fridge. It's maybe 8"W X 14"L X 8"H, something like that. We can pile a fair number of cans in there and we don't have to think about doing anything else with them when we're on the road.

We rarely put anything in the doors of our Norcold 2118. The doors are infamously not robust enough to carry much weight at all, never mind a load of beverages.

When the plastic bin in the fridge is overflowing we put additional cans standing up in the small narrow shelves under the coffee hutch, if you have one.

Liquor bottles stand up in a plastic basket in the pantry. The basket is at least 2/3 as high as the bottles; they're not likely to get out of it. When we're about to move we make sure the basket is packed with other things to minimize movement of the bottles. Our pantry is filled with these inexpensive baskets, helps keep everything organized and minimizes movement during travel.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a pet food/water drawer under the fridge. No pets so I carved wine bottles into foam and store 4-5 wine bottles into the drawer. Works perfectly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As my brother said, “wherever it fits!” There’s always a bottle of vodka and sometimes tequila in the freezer. My Woodford bottle lives on the coffee bar. Backup bottles, Jack, gin, and tonic in the pantry with the food. Beer, soda, and wine bottles go in the W/D closet in the bedroom.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside fridge is full of beer (and Bud Light Orange for my wife). Works for us.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 337 we use the bottom left cabinet of the hutch just to the right of the fridge. My wife can fit a full case of wine in the rear of that cabinet ... although there is usually only 4 - 5 bottles in it at any time. In front of that cardboard case she has a carrier bag that has all of her coffee and tea items. The least amount of movement in my 5er is from the hutch forward... The rear of the RV will tend to have things move around a bit more.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyHitched View Post
    Ok, so I've been married for 25 years, and before I take away my wife's kitchen storage for my bar, I'd thought I'd turn to the wise and wonderful folks of this forum and ask a very important question. How do you store your booze? I'd love to hear from the folks that carved out precious space in their rig for booze bottles, wine, mixer, openers, martini shakers, etc. Do you take kitchen storage space? Do you keep it near the TV and DVD shelves? Just curious... (photo's are encouraged). If your answer "in the cup-holder of the truck" you are disqualified from this post...
    We have a cube shaped ottoman with a removable top. We use this during transport, on the floor between the slides. At camp everything goes into wet bar cabinets or on said counter.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 320MKS, we took over one of the cupboards above the couch. My husband retrofitted it with a padded wood insert that holds various size of liquor and wine bottles. It’s worked great for us, with no breakage so far. I think the biggest reason is it’s situated at about the centre of the coach so not as much bumping around. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beer in the outside fridge, cooler for inventory overflow, wine, bourbon, Kahlua, Rumchata, and coffee moonshine packed tightly in the overhead cabinet over the sofa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast