User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 22 MLE, so not a ton of storage, but we found something that works really well and is really too... So, clearly, beer in the fridge. We actually used the boxes you get from the liquor store to store all our bottles, as we like to cocktail! So, we have two cases in the storage underneath our bed. We were out for 11 weeks this year and experienced zero breakage, so it worked well.

I found pinot noir boxes work well as the shape of the bottles for pinot are a bit wider and every single liquor bottle typically fits within the compartment for a bottle of pinot. Champagne cases would work well too. I also store our cocktail shakers in one of the compartments, droppers, jigger and measuring tools.

For season 2 (leaving in February), I intend to bring an ironing board. What? Well, i intend to set that up outside the door of our rig as a bar on the weekend. It's stable, stores flat and I can dress it up with a 'skirt'. I have two currently, one is a grass skirt made with raffia for a tiki sort of look and the other is a simple black skirt for a 'classier' look. Since my rig is smaller, I cannot justify the space for a blender, although seriously thinking about it, and that would fit well on the wider end of the cocktail bar/ironing board. On the slimmer end of the board, I can set out nibbles, whether just for us or for a crowd.

Good luck! Clearly from this thread, we all take this seriously. :-)
    Morgey1
    2021 Imagine 22 MLE
    2018 Ford F150

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just purchased an acrylic wine rack from Amazon which holds six bottles of wine on their side in a bottom cabinet. We are mostly wine drinkers. As I type I am, however, making some homemade Kahlua for my nightly Kahlua and Cream. We keep a Yeti cooler with beer. Our frig is usually stuffed with food so no room for the beer in there. I do hope to expand the bar a bit for future cocktail hours.
    John and Sue
    From Virginia
    2018 F150 5.0L V8
    2021 Transcend Xplor 200MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Ironing Board.

Quote Originally Posted by morgey1 View Post
    We have a 22 MLE, so not a ton of storage, but we found something that works really well and is really too... So, clearly, beer in the fridge. We actually used the boxes you get from the liquor store to store all our bottles, as we like to cocktail! So, we have two cases in the storage underneath our bed. We were out for 11 weeks this year and experienced zero breakage, so it worked well.

I found pinot noir boxes work well as the shape of the bottles for pinot are a bit wider and every single liquor bottle typically fits within the compartment for a bottle of pinot. Champagne cases would work well too. I also store our cocktail shakers in one of the compartments, droppers, jigger and measuring tools.

For season 2 (leaving in February), I intend to bring an ironing board. What? Well, i intend to set that up outside the door of our rig as a bar on the weekend. It's stable, stores flat and I can dress it up with a 'skirt'. I have two currently, one is a grass skirt made with raffia for a tiki sort of look and the other is a simple black skirt for a 'classier' look. Since my rig is smaller, I cannot justify the space for a blender, although seriously thinking about it, and that would fit well on the wider end of the cocktail bar/ironing board. On the slimmer end of the board, I can set out nibbles, whether just for us or for a crowd.

Good luck! Clearly from this thread, we all take this seriously. :-)
    Ironing Board is a great idea! Doubles as a fish cleaning station as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure tequila and vodka in the freezer, but learned embarrasingly the hard way...if you dont pad the. In the freezer, they will break. Sigh. Wine on the floor of the pantry. Either way, if your wife is like me, toleration of alcohol is not difficult!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had similar dilemma so when looking to replace our 5th wheel I spotted the Solitude 372 WB (wet bar) with built in beverage cooler, wine glass holders with its own sink and it comes with storage cabinet for your other beverages plus it own trash bin. Leaves the frig for all the food and has since made my wife happier since were not competing for refrigeration space. The only thing the wet bar area lacks is its own ice maker.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billman View Post
    We use the narrow cabinet next to fireplace. All liquor (except single malt of course) is transferred to smaller pint bottles. All beer in outdoor kitchen fridge. Wine will go in main fridge when opened. 1 bottle: in fireplace cabinet with liquor. More than one bottle: pantry.
    2020 2670mk. Cabinet next to the fireplace holds the bourbon and wine for dinner. Best use of all the cabinets.
    Outdoor frig holds beer and pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same rig, and I had my guy do the same thing! He made wood racks so they slant slightly towards the front. Looks like it came that way. Cross country many times and haven’t lost a bottle!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123