Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    And what your propane appliance you're using. A high output burner (like a turkey fryer) couldn't run off the pressure from the trailer. I tried it. didn't work.
    I run a 3 burner Camp Chef Expedition stove off of mine. I don’t typically run all three burners on high at the same time but I could. You do have to remove the regulator from the appliance if you are running on the low-pressure side of the trailer’s regulator.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a temporary way to use a BBQ or a Griddle just hooked up to the propane system or bottle on the trailer. Something I can roll up and stow since the trailer doesn't come with an outside connector. I like to cook away from the trailer at least 5 to 10 feet. I haven't picked up my 320 trailer yet but will on the 5th of November. Looking online seems like a hundred different type of hoses and connecters. Any pictures or references would be nice.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an 11 pound tank. Portable. No hoses to trip on.
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
    I am looking for a temporary way to use a BBQ or a Griddle just hooked up to the propane system or bottle on the trailer. Something I can roll up and stow since the trailer doesn't come with an outside connector. I like to cook away from the trailer at least 5 to 10 feet. I haven't picked up my 320 trailer yet but will on the 5th of November. Looking online seems like a hundred different type of hoses and connecters. Any pictures or references would be nice.
    Here is a link to a YouTube video. It is similar except I believe the guy hooks up to the high-pressure side. Essentially you put a tee in the propane line and run hose or hard line or pipe from the tee to the location where you want the quick connect fitting. The fitting has to been mounted to the trailer, preferably the frame. If you place the tee on the low-pressure side then you will also need to remove the hose and regulator from your BBQ. You will replace it with a hose with the male quick connect fitting on the end. This fitting connects into the female fitting on the trailer. If you connect to the high-pressure side then you will need a hose with a fitting that connects to your BBQ regulator with a male quick connect on the other end. There are a couple of different variations but it all works the same. It is just like quick connect fittings on an airline. You could just put a male fitting on the BBQ and have a separate hose with male and female ends that connects I’m the BBQ to the trailer like an extension cord.

Hope that helps.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I didn't see a link.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/VQ8oOXnF6d8

Sorry about that.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I added a propane connector to our Solitude. Our rig has the stove and Fridge in the middle slide-out. Underneath is a quick connect for the stove right at a Tee fitting in the gas line. I added another Tee (brass) and ran a 3/8 copper gas line with mounting straps behind the drop-frame and to a quick-connect filling mounted to the defunct front folding steps (we shave Step-Above). Lowes sells an entire Quick connect kit for BBQ's in the lawn and garden section for about $33. It comes with the connector and fitting attached to a 10 foot propane hose. I removed the regulator in our table-top BBQ and got a brass adapter to make the hose end fit. I put a shut-off valve right before the female quick-connect. Total cost, about $60 and a couple of hours lying on the ground...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12