Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External Propane

Does anyone know if the 320G comes with a external propane connecter to plug in a grill or what ever?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
    Does anyone know if the 320G comes with a external propane connecter to plug in a grill or what ever?
    It did not come with one on my 320G. I had the dealer add it as part of the deal.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I didn't see it on the grand design web page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
    Thanks I didn't see it on the grand design web page.
    I wrestled with this when I traded in my travel trailer. I was going to have the dealer add the line and decided I could just throw a splitter on one of the tanks and an extension hose without monkeying with the existing system. My propane needs are to run a couple camp chef grills that already have regulators. Worked out to like $40 for a splitter and 18 foot hose.
    Last edited by MooManChu; 10-29-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a good suggestion. Did you get the parts local or online?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon. Any hardware or farm & fleet usually carry propane supplies.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I wrestled with this when I traded in my travel trailer. I was going to have the dealer add the line and decided I could just throw a splitter on one of the tanks and an extension hose without monkeying with the existing system. My propane needs are to run a couple camp chef grills that already have regulators. Worked out to like $40 for a splitter and 18 foot hose.
    So you are running the extension on the high pressure side. The guidance that I have read is to run the extension on the low pressure side especially for longer lengths. That is the way my dealer set it up. So the length from the regulator to the quick disconnect is 12-15 feet and then I added a 18 foot hose to my Camp Chef. The new hose replaced the regulator on the Camp Chef.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your guidance is most likely referring risks with extended use. My setup is temporary. I am not suggesting having high pressure rubber lines attached and running onboard. I don't attach hoses to the trailer frame, just run the splitter of the spare tank when I need it. There is info out there that talks to the issue with getting oil buildup/breakdown in the hose, particularly hoses with plastic composition. This occurs over an extended period of time. I set up the grills for a few hours up to a couple days.

For my grills and appliances, removing and/or bypassing the regulators was going to mean buying a bunch of adaptors, this was far more cost effective since it didn't make sense to pay a dealer to run low-side lines and shutoff, only to modify the connections on all my propane appliances. And, that too introduced a problem. The regulators do not have consistent settings.
    Last edited by MooManChu; 10-30-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Your guidance is most likely referring risks with extended use. My setup is temporary. I am not suggesting having high pressure lines attached and running onboard. I don't attach hoses to the trailer frame, just run the splitter of the spare tank when I need it. There is info out there that talks to the issue with getting oil buildup/breakdown in the hose, particularly hoses with plastic composition. This occurs over an extended period of time. I set up the grills for a few hours up to a couple days.
    True but I don’t know how Rabidd intends to use his. My use is probably more than yours. Just something to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what your propane appliance you're using. A high output burner (like a turkey fryer) couldn't run off the pressure from the trailer. I tried it. didn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast