User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting HDMI to the televator in Solitude 310

We just took possession of a Solitude 310 GK. So far we love it! Kept us nice and warm last night in 23 degree weather in Post Falls ID. In looking at the “televator” I’m not sure how to get an HGMI cable from the Wally box in the cabinet above To the back of the TV. I don’t have access to the back of the TV. I see a wire chase from the space above the radio but once I fish it down that, how do I hook it up to the back of the TV? Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    riverdrifter1, I just did the same project two weeks ago on my Solitude 372WB. I have the Dish 211z receiver. There should be a hole in the back left of the televator cabinet with a face plate that your current cable comes through. Take it off to reveal a larger hole. Run your fish from the cabinet above the stereo through the race and fish it through until you see it at the hole. Its a tight fit. I found lowering the TV from full up position to 1/4 way down position made it easier for my arm to get to the hole with the fish (small hands help at this point). Pull the fish through hole and tape the HDMI cable to the fish and pull it back up through the race. It took two tries for me to get it through raceway, it was that tight. Connect one end to the HDMI port on the tv an the other end to you sat box HDMI port. Take note. I thought I had it made with a 6ft HDMI cable. NOT!! When I lowered the TV to full down position it pulled the HDMI cable from the TV HDMI port on the back. Watch the position of the cable now in your TV/fireplace cabinet when you lower the TV so it does not get pinched on the televator mechanism, I had to reposition and zip tie the HDMI cable out of the way. Use an 8 or 10 ft HDMI cable and you'll be fine. I hope this explanation helps at bit.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this post. We ordered a DVD player for our new 310GK and I was just wondering how will I get the HDMI cable installed! Perfect.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdrifter1 View Post
    We just took possession of a Solitude 310 GK. So far we love it! Kept us nice and warm last night in 23 degree weather in Post Falls ID. In looking at the “televator” I’m not sure how to get an HGMI cable from the Wally box in the cabinet above To the back of the TV. I don’t have access to the back of the TV. I see a wire chase from the space above the radio but once I fish it down that, how do I hook it up to the back of the TV? Thanks!
    Did your trailer not come with an HDMI cable already installed? If so you can use an HDMI switcher, you can hook several devices to it and some even switch the input automatically.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going through same problem. We're on our first trip with brand new 2021 310GK. RCA smart tv in televator has 3 HDMI ports but two are inaccessible without taking the mounting bracket off back of set. I wanted to run a splitter off the one port on left side of tv, connecting a dvd player and Firestick from the cabinet above. Is there no easy way to get the chase in the corner open?

And no there is not an HDMI cable already installed. Not in our unit anyway.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHannaford View Post
    I'm going through same problem. We're on our first trip with brand new 2021 310GK. RCA smart tv in televator has 3 HDMI ports but two are inaccessible without taking the mounting bracket off back of set. I wanted to run a splitter off the one port on left side of tv, connecting a dvd player and Firestick from the cabinet above. Is there no easy way to get the chase in the corner open?

And no there is not an HDMI cable already installed. Not in our unit anyway.
    I was able to run one HDMI cable through that very crowded chase in our 2021 310-GK. The only way that I was able to do it was to use a fish tape and go through the stock radio hole, which accesses where you will need to be.

Four screws hold in the Radio and it pulled out sufficiently for me to get my arm in there. There are a lot of wires coming from that little radio!
    I wanted to run 2 hdmis but just didn't have the space so I used an automatic splitter...in my case for Sat tv or DVD player.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I was able to run one HDMI cable through that very crowded chase in our 2021 310-GK. The only way that I was able to do it was to use a fish tape and go through the stock radio hole, which accesses where you will need to be.

Four screws hold in the Radio and it pulled out sufficiently for me to get my arm in there. There are a lot of wires coming from that little radio!
    I wanted to run 2 hdmis but just didn't have the space so I used an automatic splitter...in my case for Sat tv or DVD player.

And no..
    There is no HDMI cable in place and that was really a miss on the part of GD. They have a SAT port in the upper cabinet and no HDMI pathway. Not a real grand design[emoji57]

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post

Yes, a lot of wires in that space! I had that puppy opened this weekend to see if the Rockford radio had additional audio inputs like for digital coming from the TV or DVD. Only one pr of RCA phono inputs and those were taken by the Smart TV via a digital to analog converter in the televator cabinet. I'll see if I can do that "fishing" remedy you suggested. Thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just modified the title to HDMI from HGMI so that future searches will find this thread.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE