User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I too have goose necks on all of my other trailers. However, they're radically different and built purely for function, with ZERO tow comfort!

Any chance you had a completely empty air bag while towing, or was your unit in for service somewhere that didn't have the best equipment to move it with a goose setup?
    Service; it's only been in once, back to the dealer where I bought it. No idea how they moved it around, but they didn't seem concerned and it's been a long time since then, the noise appeared recently.

Towing with the bag flat, well.. Not that I know of, but that's harder to nail down. I've gotten places and the bag has been low (presumably from the popoff when the bag gets over pressure). Never "empty" but not dead in the middle like it should be. However, that has to be expected, when you tow with the GB, it loses air if you hit something that place so much stress on the bag that it would pop, that does happen from time to time, when we stop in transit, I always check the GB (and the airbags on the truck) for pressure and re-inflate if needed.

Looking at the construction of it, you really should be able to tow without the shocks in there at all, they don't appear to set either the upper or lower limit (at least, I hope not). The interesting thing to me, if the shocks aren't the limiter (and I really don't think they are), that means they tried to move (and resisted, as they should) so hard during a tow that they bent that bolt! Those must be some STIFF shocks, that's all I've got to say!

I sent an inquiry to Reese yesterday along with some pictures, curious to see what they'll say/suggest and will update on the response/repair. Still got to tow home from here (about 200 miles) so hopefully it holds together! Looking at it, I'm not that worried, it's more going to tear up the shocks than suddenly fail, but the noise is rather, well, annoying!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update/non-update, still no word from Reese, send them an e-mail 6 days ago. Not fantastic.. I guess I'll have to break down and call them, although, TBH, don't put a "contact us" form on your website if you're not going to read the messages. Especially since I gave them all the info in that e-mail they'd need along with pictures for them to review, now I'll have to take time out of my day to explain it, describe it to someone and, of course, wait on hold, my favorite thing to do.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    An update/non-update, still no word from Reese, send them an e-mail 6 days ago. Not fantastic.. I guess I'll have to break down and call them, although, TBH, don't put a "contact us" form on your website if you're not going to read the messages. Especially since I gave them all the info in that e-mail they'd need along with pictures for them to review, now I'll have to take time out of my day to explain it, describe it to someone and, of course, wait on hold, my favorite thing to do.
    You're never going to hear back from that contact, but they will pick up the phone. You might get into the electronic queue, but they will get to you. There are only a handful that work in the warranty group. Just have all your pictures ready when you get your case number to email them. Like everyone else in the RV industry, they're having a lot of trouble getting materials and parts. Took me 6 weeks to get a new clevis hook, but they made it right!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reference to Goosebox parts blowup. Bolt could be same as Item #5 since Qty. is 2. Item #5 goes into Item #6 ?
    Last edited by mbarry1834; 10-31-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What air bag pressure are you running?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check that the top shock bolt is intact. Mine came loose, beat things up like yours including bending the upper shock mount. Reese made it good, even offered to air freight a replacement and upgraded me to a Gen II. I doubt it has anything to do with the pin wt.
    In any case call them, be prepared to send pics, they will make it good.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    Check that the top shock bolt is intact. Mine came loose, beat things up like yours including bending the upper shock mount. Reese made it good, even offered to air freight a replacement and upgraded me to a Gen II. I doubt it has anything to do with the pin wt.
    In any case call them, be prepared to send pics, they will make it good.
    I'll take a look. Can you even see that bolt without disassembly though?

My rig is heading into the dealer tomorrow, I'll let them deal with it. Not really happy that Reese doesn't "do e-mail" though, that's disappointing. I really hate talking on the phone when pictures and descriptions are a much better way to convey the information. I'm sure my dealer will get it done.

What air bag pressure are you running?
    Usually around 40-50PSI, which puts me in the "middle" looking through the site area. But I rarely measure the pressure, I just watch the position in the window and try to get it as close to the middle as I can.

In reference to Goosebox parts blowup. Bolt could be same as Item #5 since Qty. is 2. Item #5 goes into Item #6 ?
    That's a good guess. Looks to be about right, 1/2in by 6.5in would be my guess. If that's it, that's spec'ed as a grade 5 bolt, perhaps I can move to a grade 8 to get a little more strength.. I'll see what the dealer has to say, but if they don't have any good answers (or good answers from Reese) maybe I'll do that to prevent this from happening again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My owners manual states not to exceed 50 psi. I happen to run 42 psi. Dealer set it at 50 but that was too bouncy. Lower than 42 was to rough. I have a 29RS and 2080 pounds going through the pin.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessJoe4168 View Post
    My owners manual states not to exceed 50 psi. I happen to run 42 psi. Dealer set it at 50 but that was too bouncy. Lower than 42 was to rough. I have a 29RS and 2080 pounds going through the pin.
    Do you have the gen1 or 2 GB? Mine is a gen2, and they don't specify a "max" in the manual, just put in enough air to get to "nominal" (which, of course, is what I do) and that there's a pop off if you put too much air in (which I've also experienced, hitting really hard bumps, I can lose some air).

https://www.towingproducts.net/appli...ons/n94720.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    I don't know if I have a Gen 1 or 2. Paperwork is in the FW and not accessible. It was purchased in July 2018 and the part number is 94622 rated at 16K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast