Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub-Woofer Mod

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sub-Woofer Mod

Well, some time in January I posted about adding a Blu-ray player and a Samsung Sound Bar with a wireless Sub-Woofer to our 337RLS and I can't find it for the life of me

Anyway, I explained that I placed the sub-woofer behind the recliners and plugged it in under the dinette and someone who's name escapes me for giving proper credit, suggested I place it in the entertainment center behind the fireplace.

Today I finally got around to checking it out and it fit perfectly with room to spare! I'm so jazzed.

First step was to slightly lift on the fireplace surround trim piece and it will come right off. That exposes 2 screws; one on each side. This picture is the fireplace with the trim piece off and you should be able to make out the screw, half way up (or down) on the case.

Remove the 2 screws and gently pull out the fireplace. There is plenty of electrical cord to remove the fireplace entirely and set it aside on the floor, then unplug it.

The void was definitely full off sawdust and junk which I vacuumed up. You can see in the above picture, the electric outlet mounted to the floor. In my case, the outlet has 2 outlets but 1 off them has the prong holes closed. I unplugged my trailer from shore power. This is very important for your safety and the trailer's! I then backed out 2 screws that atach the outlet to the floor and then unsnapped the white plastic backing on the outlet box. I did this to cinfirm that the box was wired correctly and that the second outlet was live and just had the holes plugged. It was so I proceeded to use a flat blade screw driver to open the holes by tapping the screw driver with a hammer lightly. The holes opened up easily to accept the new power cord. Now the outlet could power 2 electric devices. Once this was done I merely reattached the back and re-screwed the outlet to the floor. I set the sub-woofer in the back corner as shown below.

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Next I decided I wanted to secure the sub from moving around so I found some small plastic brackets which I screwed to the floor with 1" wood screws. It is now plugged in and secure.

Badda Bing Badda Boom!

Plugged the fireplace back in, slipped it back into the cabinet, re-fastened the screws and replaced the trim ring and it all works awesome!
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does it sound? Does the space have any openings that allow the bass/sound to exit?
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It sounds awesome. I put the Blu-ray version of The Last of The Mohicans in and played it for a few minutes and it sounded awesome. I tested the sub further by lowering and increasing the sub input on the remote and it was noticeable. I'm very pleased! That luan wood is paper thin and the listening area is of course very close. If I felt I needed to I was prepared to cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and put some speaker material in and do the same to the cabinet door on the left of the fireplace but I'm convinced that would be overkill. We leave for 3 weeks in a couple days so I will get a real chance to test it out.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    In my case, the outlet has 2 outlets but 1 off them has the prong holes closed.
    I believe that GD blanks off one side of the duplex outlet as the appliance plugged into it consumes much of the 15A circuit. They do the same in the front wardrobe with the washer and dryer outlets. I don't know what power the sub would draw but I think the fireplace is around 1350W or 11.25A assuming 120V.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice job Poppy! I may have to try that one myself.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I believe that GD blanks off one side of the duplex outlet as the appliance plugged into it consumes much of the 15A circuit. They do the same in the front wardrobe with the washer and dryer outlets. I don't know what power the sub would draw but I think the fireplace is around 1350W or 11.25A assuming 120V.

Dave
    I assumed that Dave but I doubt the sub draws that much. I am looking forward to some cold nights on this trip so I'm sure there will be times when both are on. I'll report back if I have a problem. If this doesn't work, I can add an outlet on one of the other circuits that are accessible right in there.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy - what model of Samsung sound bar and sub did you use?
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

fredandfred
    I have a sound bar and wireless sub I want to use to replace the current Furrion sound bar. I have placed my DVR behind my fireplace so I have no room for the sub but I have no issue of it being behind the recliners. My issue is my sound bar requires 110v and I don't have any 110 except under the cabinets on each side of the TV. Does anyone know where the built in radio/DVD player picks up it's power?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I got it at Costco a couple years ago. Crystal Surround Air Track Active Speaker System. Model HW-FM45C. I doubt this model is still available in stores but I did find it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-FM4.../dp/B00DDTMJOU
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast