User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior window trim/surround separating

Hey friends,

2021 Momentum 381M, today I noticed the trim that surrounds the side window on the main side looked to be separated from the wall. Looked closer and sure enough the top half looks to be pulled out from the wall.

Interestingly enough, I noticed a screw on the side pulled out from the wall too. I’m also not sure that screw belongs there and maybe someone (dealer?) added it to try to fix it. I don’t see this same screw on the same opposing window.

Does anyone know how this trim is actually supposed to be secured to the wall?

Lastly, due to the trim being pulled out from the wall it has also caused the top left corner to rub the adjacent trim and tore. Took a photo of that too. I know things happen but still frustrating, I’ve had this for a just a few months.

Hopefully these photos help show the location but I can take others if it helps.

Thanks for any tips you can provide.

Jaime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4D0C7780-C0EA-4D89-B1AA-B73A530D12C7.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	806.2 KB 
ID:	30328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59C430F6-1389-4D1E-B037-630A251DFECA.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	961.1 KB 
ID:	30329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C7B91DA-0EB7-4F77-811C-72D3FDA757E4.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	669.6 KB 
ID:	30330
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Hey friends,

2021 Momentum 381M, today I noticed the trim that surrounds the side window on the main side looked to be separated from the wall. Looked closer and sure enough the top half looks to be pulled out from the wall.

Interestingly enough, I noticed a screw on the side pulled out from the wall too. I’m also not sure that screw belongs there and maybe someone (dealer?) added it to try to fix it. I don’t see this same screw on the same opposing window.

Does anyone know how this trim is actually supposed to be secured to the wall?

Lastly, due to the trim being pulled out from the wall it has also caused the top left corner to rub the adjacent trim and tore. Took a photo of that too. I know things happen but still frustrating, I’ve had this for a just a few months.

Hopefully these photos help show the location but I can take others if it helps.

Thanks for any tips you can provide.

Jaime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4D0C7780-C0EA-4D89-B1AA-B73A530D12C7.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	806.2 KB 
ID:	30328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59C430F6-1389-4D1E-B037-630A251DFECA.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	961.1 KB 
ID:	30329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C7B91DA-0EB7-4F77-811C-72D3FDA757E4.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	669.6 KB 
ID:	30330
    I've been trying to figure out what to call that window trim, I'm sure there is a fancy name for it. Mine pulled loose on the bottom of the trim, it came from the factory with a screw put in the bottom edge of the trim kind of aimed upward like toe nailing and it's a horrible idea. I got some small L brackets and screwed the short side of the bracket into the wall with the long side sticking out from the wall. I then run a short screw through the bracket into the inside of the trim where it's barely noticeable. I know that was clear as mud. If you want some pictures let me know and I'll take some and put them on for you.
    2020 Ford F-350 King Ranch, 2021 Momentum 397TH, Kawasaki KRX 1000

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, horrible idea haha. It’s surprising what passes as “ok” when there are MUCH better and professional, and inexpensive, options. Things such as I saw and you as well look to be more like bandaids, straight from the factory

Overall I’m still very happy with mine, I guess nothing is perfect.

And thanks for the explanation, I think that makes sense! Seems to be much more sturdy/supportive as well.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I agree, horrible idea haha. It’s surprising what passes as “ok” when there are MUCH better and professional, and inexpensive, options. Things such as I saw and you as well look to be more like bandaids, straight from the factory

Overall I’m still very happy with mine, I guess nothing is perfect.

And thanks for the explanation, I think that makes sense! Seems to be much more sturdy/supportive as well.
    Overall I'm happy with ours too. We've had several "little" things to contend with and a long wait for parts but this is the best rv we've had. Nothing has gone wrong that keeps us from traveling with it and we really like that! Our dealer is taking good care of us which seems to be kind of rare these days.

I used to walk around campgrounds and be amazed at all of the different brands and models and have really noticed more and more Grand Designs showing up so they must be doing something right! We've had people walk in ours and are shocked by the room inside, if we have the patio down it's nearly 52 feet long. That's what I call "roughing it".
    2020 Ford F-350 King Ranch, 2021 Momentum 397TH, Kawasaki KRX 1000