User Tag List

Thread: Furnace time

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace time

Checked the furnace a few months back and it worked perfect. Tried it this morning and the blower comes on but no heat. Plenty of propane and the stove works fine. I need to get to the furnace and see if I can hear it trying to ignite. How hard is it to get to the furnace on this model? I know where it’s at. Any tips or tricks? In good at troubleshooting but just gaining access is my issue. This unit had a blower fan replaced and a new burner just last year. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sparkydh; 10-24-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkydh View Post
    Checked the furnace a few months back and it worked perfect. Tried it this morning and the blower comes on but no heat. Plenty of propane and the stove works fine. I need to get to the furnace and see if I can hear it trying to ignite. How hard is it to get to the furnace on this model? I know where it’s at. Any tips or tricks? In good at troubleshooting but just gaining access is my issue. This unit had a blower fan replaced and a new burner just last year. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WHAT model?

It's a good idea to create a "signature" that appears automatically at the bottom of everything you post. Include at least the year, line, and model number of your trailer if not also other information that may help people understand your questions and your experience better.

Click on Settings at top right, then click on Edit Signature to create one.
    Last edited by boyscout; 10-24-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    WHAT model?
    Forgot that. Not sure on the furnace model but it’s in a Solitude 379fl.

2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkydh View Post
    Forgot that. Not sure on the furnace model but it’s in a Solitude 379fl. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The furnace in your unit is a Suburban / AirXcel product. GD and AirXcel both say that only qualified people should work on the furnace.

Nevertheless the following links might be useful.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/subshinstall.pdf

http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf

To answer your specific question, it's pretty easy to get to the furnace. The stuff you need to look at first is behind a metal panel on the lower side wall of the driver's side of the trailer, probably just below and to the left of the water heater access panel. If you have to look at the body and back of the furnace where the ducts connect to it, there's an angled portion of the back wall of your basement storage area that removes easily - just six screws hold it in place. Removing that wall panel exposes the mess of wiring and plumbing and duct work supporting the utilities and the body of the furnace is easily accessible in that space.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace time

I just checked and I can hear the igniter clicking. Now I need to find out why no gas is hitting the burner. I had the same issue with and now have it again that there’s some kind of oil in the main gas line that stopped the flow of gas to my water heater. Disconnected the copper tubing to the water heater and let the oil drain out and it worked fine which is not doing now. I’m wondering if it’s the same issue with the furnace.

Last edited by Sparkydh; 10-24-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparky, are you able to light all three burners on your stove? You may have plenty of LP, but it all may be one tank and the changeover failed. You can also close both tanks and then slowly open one tank that is feeding the system through the changeover. Sometimes the high flow valve will kick in and shut down the propane. My next thought would be the circuit board failing.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    Sparky, are you able to light all three burners on your stove? You may have plenty of LP, but it all may be one tank and the changeover failed. You can also close both tanks and then slowly open one tank that is feeding the system through the changeover. Sometimes the high flow valve will kick in and shut down the propane. My next thought would be the circuit board failing.
    I’m on a huge permanent lp tank. Stove does work. Strange thing is I tried the furnace again and it fired right up. Makes me thing the gas line just needed purged. At least it’s now working. Thanks to all who responded. Great forum.

2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    WHAT model?

It's a good idea to create a "signature" that appears automatically at the bottom of everything you post. Include at least the year, line, and model number of your trailer if not also other information that may help people understand your questions and your experience better.

Click on Settings at top right, then click on Edit Signature to create one.
    Got it, thanks.

2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned out to be the sail switch. Intermittent.

2015 Solitude 379fl
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana