User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black tank flush

We have ownes our 2019 reflection 31mb for 2 seasons. On our last trip and end of year trip my black tank valve will not fully close. I thought perhaps something was hung up in closure but after continually flushing and filling and flushing it continues to not close all the way. Is it possible the closing mechanism is off the runner. The handle certainly isnt closing all the way. Its about a quarter the way from fully closing and water continues to come out, at a slow rate. Any way to access this valve. I do have the artic package. Thanks for input.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't a "runner," per se - it's cable operated all the way and the blade is in a track top and bottom. What some have experienced, unfortunately, is that the plastic cut-outs from cutting holes in the tank for vents, etc., were not removed from the tank before final assembly. They can work their way over to the outlet and get stuck. A fiberoptic scope inserted back up the discharge outlet (after a good flushing and emptying, of course!) will tell you one way or the other. I hope this isn't it - but it often is.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!!

It is much more likely that you have a piece of something in the track rather than the valve being off track, but then again, unless something was left in the tank during assembly nothing should be in the tank hard enough to create the obstruction. I would begin by putting a blade valve on the outlet and then opening up the black tank valve, then put hot water with Dawn and Calgon water softener into the tank and make sure that it is enough to cover the valve, then work the valve in and out and see if it gets easier and allows the travel to close. If this fails to work, then completely fill the gray tank, drain the back tank, close the valve on the outlet, then open the gray valve and backwash the black tank. as soon as you hear the water start to calm down, close the gray valve and open the valve on the outlet and let it drain completely. Hopefully the water turbulence may dislodge any thing stuck.
    If that fails, you may have to drop the chloroplast and then the valve. I do know that my black tank valve is much harder for the last inch and takes quite a bit of pressure to close it.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target: