User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    The battery has already been checked by a mobile RV mechanic. There are no issues with it. He couldn’t figure out the cause either.
    I just purchased a used 5ver that had the same symptoms. A second battery had been installed by the dealer (paperwork to prove it) and the check on the original battery was shown as "good". My advice is to check it yourself. The original battery (2 yrs old) was completely empty and once I pulled the caps off it was obvious that it was the problem. Their "qualified" installer clearly didn't check it, or at worst, didn't have a clue. Just my 2 cents and you get what you pay for.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mystery Solved!

Than you everyone for your input! The mystery was solved by the mobile mechanic and it was embarrassingly simple. The battery disconnect switch was in the 'off' position so it was drawing on the converter. Not good! The converter on our model is below the outlet where the smell was coming. We're new to RVing so it was one of those things that are part of our learning curve! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    I just purchased a used 5ver that had the same symptoms. A second battery had been installed by the dealer (paperwork to prove it) and the check on the original battery was shown as "good". My advice is to check it yourself. The original battery (2 yrs old) was completely empty and once I pulled the caps off it was obvious that it was the problem. Their "qualified" installer clearly didn't check it, or at worst, didn't have a clue. Just my 2 cents and you get what you pay for.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    Than you everyone for your input! The mystery was solved by the mobile mechanic and it was embarrassingly simple. The battery disconnect switch was in the 'off' position so it was drawing on the converter. Not good! The converter on our model is below the outlet where the smell was coming. We're new to RVing so it was one of those things that are part of our learning curve! 😉
    You will always be drawing on the converter if it is plugged in, that is what is powering the 12volt system. It is actually good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123