Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To raise all four, I used two floor jacks and two 4' pieces of 4x6 lumber. The 4x6 span the axles as close to u bolts as possible. Alternate sides when jacking until tires are off the ground and then place jack stands as near springs as possible. I then slowly alternated lowering the floor jacks to place weight on frame. I left jacks and 4x6 under axles for safety.

This is how I replaced tires, added wet bolts and HD shackles, and cross bars. Trailer was very solid in this setup.

I will be doing this again soon because I need to convert to steel valve stems. Do yourself a favor and have steel stems installed in case you add TPMS cap sensors. Wish I had insisted on it. You'll want to notify tire shop in advance as some of them (mine included) do not consistently stock them.

Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling jacks

Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    To raise all four, I used two floor jacks and two 4' pieces of 4x6 lumber. The 4x6 span the axles as close to u bolts as possible. Alternate sides when jacking until tires are off the ground and then place jack stands as near springs as possible. I then slowly alternated lowering the floor jacks to place weight on frame. I left jacks and 4x6 under axles for safety.

This is how I replaced tires, added wet bolts and HD shackles, and cross bars. Trailer was very solid in this setup.

I will be doing this again soon because I need to convert to steel valve stems. Do yourself a favor and have steel stems installed in case you add TPMS cap sensors. Wish I had insisted on it. You'll want to notify tire shop in advance as some of them (mine included) do not consistently stock them.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks all . Can the leveling jacks be used somehow to take some of the weight. Not lifting the Rv but rather helping?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't and don't think I would. Those jacks aren't designed for it and sit too far near the ends of the trailer for my liking.

That said, they might add some stability, but the trailer sitting on four 6T jack stands was plenty stable for me.

James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCRICHRI View Post
    Thanks all . Can the leveling jacks be used somehow to take some of the weight. Not lifting the Rv but rather helping?
    It depends on whether you're talking about the stabilizers or the 6/4 point leveling system. The stabilizers should not be used to support any substantial weight
    like you're referring to. The leveling system should handle it. I've read of quite a few people who have done it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our last 5th wheel we owned, we took it to Discount Tire. They had us pull along side the building and they did the switch right there.

They had a roller jack and a long air hose for their impact.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12