User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks we appreciate the feedback. All we can do is wait and hope we are camping soon. Our local campgrounds in Illinois have been packed all ready.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a 28BH FW this week. The dealer told us 3-4 months, but probably around the 3 month mark. Based on what a lot of you guys have experienced, this looks about right. Now I just have to find something to pass the time!

A few questions - 1. What kind of communication or updates should I expected from the dealer? The dealer said they sent in the order.. when should I expect an order number or confirmation, if any? What was the communication like throughout the whole process? 2. 3 months would get me to mid-July.. do you think there is a chance I would get a 2022 28BH? I guess they wouldn't make any drastic changes without communicating with me, right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLC0312 View Post
    We ordered a 28BH FW this week. The dealer told us 3-4 months, but probably around the 3 month mark. Based on what a lot of you guys have experienced, this looks about right. Now I just have to find something to pass the time!

A few questions - 1. What kind of communication or updates should I expected from the dealer? The dealer said they sent in the order.. when should I expect an order number or confirmation, if any? What was the communication like throughout the whole process? 2. 3 months would get me to mid-July.. do you think there is a chance I would get a 2022 28BH? I guess they wouldn't make any drastic changes without communicating with me, right?
    In my experience, I wouldn’t expect much from the dealer. I would give it about 2 weeks and then call the factory (call customer service at GD) and inquire about the status of the order. They’ll probably give you a build date... they typically assemble them in about 4-6 working days. If you ordered full-body paint expect an additional month. I’ve found the team at GD to be very helpful. I would pose all those questions to them. My experience with dealers is that they just don’t know very much (which is odd to me... they’re selling them), once they’ve taken the order (and your deposit), they seem to wash their hands of the whole thing.

Update on mine... We ordered a 380FL on January 6th, were given a build date of March 2nd and an estimated delivery of April 5th. It was built the week of March 2nd but then went to paint for about a month. Now estimated to deliver to Montana dealer on/about April 27
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so helpful - thank you! When you call GD, what do you give them? Just your name and info or do I need something from the dealer?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so helpful - thank you! When you call GD, what do you give them? Just your name and info or do I need something from the dealer?
    The first time I called, I simply gave them the name the order was under (a LLC in our case). The last time I called, they asked for the VIN (which I didn’t have....still don’t have).
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will only get an offline date when a VIN is issued. Don't expect that for a few weeks.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered mine on February 8th, and just found out a couple of days ago, that it is suppose to come off the line on 4/22.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're very happy to have picked up our 2021 Solitude 345GK-R on Tuesday, from the dealer. It was ordered the last week of November, 2020, and the "original" delivery date was said to be 3–4 months out. With various bits of (not very helpful) updating along the way (mostly me pestering the dealer rep with an email every 3 or 4 weeks; is that pestering? I don't think so), we eventually heard that it would come "off-line" in the week of April 1. So full time from order through pick-up at the dealer was 4+ months, roughly 17–18 weeks. Now we're traveling a bit in a couple of weeks and also waiting on getting some the upgrades we want to have done (all of which are "pick a time several months out"). The RVing world is a bit crazy right now, as has been reflected on this forum all along for the last year.

Many thanks to folks on the forum, esp. some of the regulars (I'm looking at you, "el Rojo" and Rob "Second Chance", who helped me in researching various items late last autumn. This is a great community, and I'm glad to be a (mostly quiet) member of it.
    Jim and Merna

2021 Solitude 345GK-R w/ 17.5 wheels/Cooper H-rated tires (replacing a 2014 Solitude 369RL).
    8k axles upgraded with Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes and Solar (1280 watts + 800Ah Lithium batteries).
    2015 F-350 6.7 diesel SRW, Curt 20k hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update to this thread, if anyone is still following...

We ordered our Momentum 395MS with full body paint on 2/13.

I spoke with Grand Design inside sales on Friday.

Our unit has been scheduled to come off the production line on/around 5/18. That has been consistent for about 6+ weeks now.

However we were told friday that the FBP would likely be around a 12 week turn around. They said it might accelerate a bit this summer as they take steps to catch up.

That will put our delivery around Mid-August - almost exactly 6 months from time of order. I discussed with them the possibility of removing the FBP from our order and taking delivery more quickly (we had a big family trip planned for mid July). That would still be possible probably to tomorrow (4/26), but since this is a long-term purchase for us, we are going to get it how we want it, and be patient.

At least we ordered before the price increases!
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered a 351M-R yesterday, 8 May 2021, with FBP. Dealer told us it should be here in 12 weeks, I looked at my wife and told her "Don't make any plans based on that date for sure" and now after reading all this... I am more sure.
    The first week of June I will call customer service and ask my first round of questions, then post the results.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast