User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 GD IMAGINE XLS 22MLE Solar Install

I am attempting to install a solar system in my new 2021 GD Imagine XLS 22 MLE.
    So far a few question have arisen and I am sure to have more the further I go into this project.

Currently I have 400 W of solar panels in parallel on the roof installed. I am going to use the existing 10 AMP wire to the pass through. I need to install 2 Battle Born Lithium batteries, a MPPT 100/50 Charge controller and a 3000 W Hybrid Pure Sine Inverter from Victron.

Do I need to track down the existing Inverter and remove it? And if so, where is it?
    What is the best way to connect the Inverter to the fuse box?
    What considerations should be made regarding the current lead battery because the power jack is hard wired to the battery?

Thank you.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 3KW inverter will need some seriously heavy cables run directly to the batteries through a disconnect switch and circuit breaker.
    Your CONverter is the brown WFCO panel in the trailer. Is it compatible with Lithium batteries? If not, you'll need to disconnect it or replace the circuit board with a Li compatible one. AFAIK you don't have a factory inverter.
    Why a parallel connection on the panels? Series is better since you're using a MPPT controller.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK