User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Black tank flush from nautilus not....flushing...

Ok, we took the new rig out for the weekend. No sewer at site. I thought this was great, we could figure out our water usage and tank sizes and then dump at the dump station. All went well until I tried the blank tank flush. The hose would pressurize....but that was it. No water entered the tank....is there a backflow prevemter at the P1 or just the one up by the shower faucet that no normal size human can get to without taking things apart? Am i missing a step with any of the controls? I thought that when I read through the p1 manual that it was a direct connection.

Help a 5th wheel newbie out please.

😁
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its definitely a direct connection, it doesn't go through any of the valves on the Nautilus panel. How do you know water wasnt flowing through the tank flush? Sometimes you can go in the shower and hear it flowing, or open the toilet flap and hear it. A clear sewer elbow is helpful in seeing what is coming out of the tank.

Its possible you have a defective backflow preventer or a kinked line in part of the tank flush plumbing. There is not, well shouldn't be, a check valve on the tank flush line by the inlet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Its definitely a direct connection, it doesn't go through any of the valves on the Nautilus panel. How do you know water wasnt flowing through the tank flush? Sometimes you can go in the shower and hear it flowing, or open the toilet flap and hear it. A clear sewer elbow is helpful in seeing what is coming out of the tank.

Its possible you have a defective backflow preventer or a kinked line in part of the tank flush plumbing. There is not, well shouldn't be, a check valve on the tank flush line by the inlet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ok, thanks for verifying what i thought the connection was. As far as not flushing...i had the clear elbow on the sewer hose and after 5 minutes connected, 0 flow of water from the black tank when i opened the valve back up.
    Thanks for the response and questions...hopefully these will help lead me to the answer. It is 40 and raining here or I would be in the basement looking for kinks or breaks....
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustUs&doggo View Post
    Ok, thanks for verifying what i thought the connection was. As far as not flushing...i had the clear elbow on the sewer hose and after 5 minutes connected, 0 flow of water from the black tank when i opened the valve back up.
    Thanks for the response and questions...hopefully these will help lead me to the answer. It is 40 and raining here or I would be in the basement looking for kinks or breaks....
    I **think** (so probably wrong) there is a check valve in vacuum breaker (usually inside the wall behind the shower controls). I have heard of the valve being installed backwards and preventing any flow of flush water. I do not know your trailer, but on our Solitude there is a small panel in the pantry opposite the shower controls. This gives (limited) access tot he vacuum breaker/check valve. You may have to fish for it. On yours, you might want to look in the bottom of the upper cabinet or for an access panel around the controls in the shower. On our trailer, the flush line is braided soft hose and it easy to kink. I think you are on the right track.

Good luck. Let us know what you find.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 10-25-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023