User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adapter(s) for residential bathroom faucet to RV PEX connector

I know a number of you have done it, but I can't find a thread right now using the search function. Can anyone tell me what adapter I need (what it's called and sizes) to adapt the residential bathroom faucet lines shown to the brass connectors on the PEX lines under the sink in the other photo? I'd like not to have to pull the old faucet and take it to Home Depot with me tomorrow (it would leave Laura without water while I'm gone).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201025_155113 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	30392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201025_152320 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	30390

Thanks!

Rob

Edit: As usual for the forum, the pics rotated 90 degrees...
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/2-inch MIP to 3/8" compression is the norm, but those braided lines in your hand look like they may be larger than 3/8" compression, which is odd. Could be just the camera angle.

BrassCraft brand is usually carried by Home Depot and Lowe's. Won't find them in the brass fittings assortment. They will be with the stop valves and braided lines.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    1/2-inch MIP to 3/8" compression is the norm, but those braided lines in your hand look like they may be larger than 3/8" compression, which is odd. Could be just the camera angle.

BrassCraft brand is usually carried by Home Depot and Lowe's. Won't find them in the brass fittings assortment. They will be with the stop valves and braided lines.
    Yeah - the connectors on the braided lines in my hand seem to measure out at 1/2" inside. I can take the new faucet with me (show them on the way in and won't carry the box) and look for 1/2" MIP and (probably) 1/2" compression.

Thanks!

Rob

EDIT: When all else fails, read the literature... paperwork with the faucet says 3/8" compression - must be the close-up with a wide-angle lens.
    Last edited by Second Chance; 10-25-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Add update
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe the brass fitting on the pex water line is 1/2" NTP What you holding looks like 1/2" cone compression. Can you take the hoses in with you? Do you have enough hose length to be able to cut the end of the pex and use a shark-bite fitting that matches the hose?

I did a quick look on HD's site and id not see one specific adapter. If you take the pictures in with you they should be able to match things up
    Good luck

Cold the post have been at the other place? I am sure Rob would know or possible Howard
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I believe the brass fitting on the pex water line is 1/2" NTP What you holding looks like 1/2" cone compression. Can you take the hoses in with you? Do you have enough hose length to be able to cut the end of the pex and use a shark-bite fitting that matches the hose?

I did a quick look on HD's site and id not see one specific adapter. If you take the pictures in with you they should be able to match things up
    Good luck

Cold the post have been at the other place? I am sure Rob would know or possible Howard
    You mean NPT (National Pipe Thread), which is the same threading as MIP (Male Iron Pipe). Don't get me started on the rules of when to use which in reference to fittings... LOL!

BrassCraft make 1/2 MIP to 1/2 Compression as well. Lowes usually has those on the shelf, or a Menard's if you're around one.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You mean NPT (National Pipe Thread), which is the same threading as MIP (Male Iron Pipe). Don't get me started on the rules of when to use which in reference to fittings... LOL!

BrassCraft make 1/2 MIP to 1/2 Compression as well. Lowes usually has those on the shelf, or a Menard's if you're around one.
    Yep you got me another senior moment here.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar