User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chevy 6.5 ft bed with Reflection 5er and Goose Box - Offset ball?

Have a Reflection 31MB on order, having a Reese Goose Box installed before delivery. I have a 2006 Silverado with the 6.5 foot bed and a B&W Turnover Ball installed. Trying to figure out if I need to get a 4" offset ball or not. Anyone have a similar setup and can give any experience if the offset ball is needed for cab clearance? If so, any issues with bed side clearance? I don't have tonneau rails or anything mounted to the bed sides.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    Reese Goose Box 20k
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, CCSB 4x4, LBZ Duramax
    B&W Turnover Ball with 4" offset

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I have a ram 2500 short box 6’-4” bed. I just picked up my 31mb and installed a goosebox on it in the parking lot. I put an offset ball in it and clearance is great. I drove it home 1750 miles and it was very comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompsre View Post
    Yes. I have a ram 2500 short box 6’-4” bed. I just picked up my 31mb and installed a goosebox on it in the parking lot. I put an offset ball in it and clearance is great. I drove it home 1750 miles and it was very comfortable.
    Would you have had cab clearance problems without the offset ball?
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    Reese Goose Box 20k
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, CCSB 4x4, LBZ Duramax
    B&W Turnover Ball with 4" offset

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t have had as good of clearance without the offset. Straight highway pulling is no problem either way but right turn or maneuvers you don’t expect having to make might make for an exciting situation. The offset was easy. I figure for the offset and the goosebox I’m still cheaper than a B&W slider hitch so it’s a money plus if you look at it that way