Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 5er vs TT ??

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    I am a "can't argue facts and science" guy, so I will defer to other's experiences and any physics involved. That being said, I will at least share my experience. I tow our very large TT with a F-350 with weight distribution bars. We take around a dozen weekend trips per year, most under 6 hours away. We travel on highways and freeways, including major routes in and out of Canada (ie lots of semi's). Yes, I notice winds. Yes, I notice when semi's pass by. However, I do not have "white knuckle" or "pucker" moments that are a result of winds or passing vehicles.
    As I traveled 14 hours in wind gusts up to 35 mph this last week, I thought I owed my earlier post a fair and honest clarification. "Notice winds" was not an adequate description in my post. I certainly have had times where I had to constantly manage the sudden shifts in the wind. The constant adjustments can be tiresome and one needs to stay alert for traffic and the associated risks of crossing lines. I still wouldn't put it in any fear category, however. I have not owned a 5th wheel so I can't speak to what degree one would be better in windy situations. It would obviously impact a 5th wheel as well, even if it were to a lesser degree. As such I wouldn't personally let that be the guide for my choice between the two types. Rather it would be camper layout, the other purposes for which I used my truck, etc.
    Last edited by Timmer; 11-18-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456