User Tag List

Thread: Tire Shopping

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Shopping

I hope I am not speaking too soon, I have one more trip planned this season, but I am coming to the end of 4 uneventful (that's a good thing) years with the G rated Westlakes that came with my Solitude.

Tread still looks great, but I have definitely decided to get new tires as part of this winter's maintenance. Here is the question, I am looking at 4 Sailun S637 ST235/85R-16's for $225 each (installed). This a decent price?

Seems like I read of people spending much less.
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-26-2020 at 08:29 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a little high but not bad. I was quoted $ 163 per tire and $25 each to mount and balance the same tire. This was at a local truck tire shop that balanced my Westlakes last year. Your experience with the G Westlakes has me thinking I should run mine a little longer though. By date code mine are 2 yrs old and about 4000 miles on them.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Maybe a little high but not bad. I was quoted $ 163 per tire and $25 each to mount and balance the same tire. This was at a local truck tire shop that balanced my Westlakes last year. Your experience with the G Westlakes has me thinking I should run mine a little longer though. By date code mine are 2 yrs old and about 4000 miles on them.
    While the Westlake brand has had some bad press here, I am not sure I have heard much specifically against the G rated Westlakes. I can only say that they have served me well. Sample size of one, for what that's worth. One more piece of info, I am one of those that keep my tires at max inflation.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    While the Westlake brand has had some bad press here, I am not sure I have heard much specifically against the G rated Westlakes. I can only say that they have served me well. Sample size of one, for what that's worth. One more piece of info, I am one of those that keep my tires at max inflation.
    Thanks for responding back Keebler. I too keep mine at max 110 pressure. I 've had no issues with them in two years of use but am planning a trip to Disney in April and will be on a short timeclock to get there. I just don't want any delays caused by a blowout etc. I have never read of a Westlake G blowing out so maybe I'm being paranoid but the Sailuns sure get great reviews!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff