User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter issues?

Good Morning,
    We're having an interesting issue when the heater comes on (fan). The lights will start flickering. If we turn the lights off, the fan motor will actually slow down a bit. Turn the lights back on, and they will be dim for a moment, then brighten up and the heater fan will speed up, as well as the lights will flicker. We are plugged in to residential power, and all of the 120 volt stuff works fine. Is this an inverter issue?
    Thanks in advance for any help, and have a great day! Started out at 22 degrees here this morning in Southern Oregon.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you mean, is this a converter issue. The converter converts 120v to 12v. Its possible your battery disconnect switch got bumped and everything is running off the converter output which probably isnt enough for that constant load. Normally everything comes off the battery and the converter keeps the battery topped off.

If your converter was bad, and you were strictly running off battery, the battery wouldn't last very long.

Also, it's possible the battery is bad. A load test on the battery at an auto store would give you better info on that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Not sure how I got "inverter", lol. I will check that out.