User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compass Connect Lighting Control possible dimmer?

I know with the older Convenience Center, the light switches are analog so it seems easy enough to install dimmers, but with the new Compass Connect, any ideas on how to do that?

The Compass Connect controls the ceiling and exterior awning lights. Suffice to say, the ceiling lights it'd be great to be able to dim them.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look up a post by my wife. S&TDoyel here on the forum. She details how I installed dimmers.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    1998.5 Dodge Ram 2500 24 valve

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to find the post, but couldn't find it. Where is it located? Thanks.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too familiar with the new Compass Connect system but I dont think these dimmers will work unless you install them beside the panel if you can trace the wire.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, the new Compass Connect is a "touch button" type. The entire panel has a motion sensor to turn the panel on. Pretty cool, except I don't think a regular switch will work either.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this solved?

There are only four wires. I suspect two of them are DC voltage to power the panel, and the other two might be to a control computer.

Otherwise the panel maybe works wirelessly to control different modules. Either way, it has to go analog (relay) before it gets to the lights.

Any feedback appreciated.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The control panel is just an interface...kind of like your thermostat. All of the actual switching is done at the Unity control module. It should be labeled so you can see which circuit is for what output. You would then need to tie your dimmer switch into the output going to the lighting that you want to have dimming control for. So you will need to locate the Unity control module in your rig....it is typically hidden behind a false wall or cabinet. My control panel is on the side of the overhead cabinet as you walk into the trailer but the Unity control module was on the opposite side of the entry door inside the cabinet above the kitchen counter behind a false wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4813 copy.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	35308
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Yes I found it a few hours ago and will post pictures of the final install shortly. Works great

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Thank you! Yes I found it a few hours ago and will post pictures of the final install shortly. Works great
    Awesome, this will be great to see a successful dimmer switch install with Compass Connect.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interested in which dimmers you used. I've ordered a couple from Diode Dynamics because they dim on the positive wire. Most other PWM dimmers work on the negative side , and those typically don't work on chassis ground systems.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast