User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Ryobi. Not because it's better. I don't know if it is or isn't. It will inflate a trailer tire but will take a while from zero. I use Ryobi because I have a suite of Ryobi from drills to dust buster and they have always been great. Here's link. They have a wimpier model which I sent back for this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home Depot has a Husky brand that is 150psi rated and has ac and dc power. That's the one I bought and it works great. Set the air pressure you want and it stops when its done.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-12...120B/303815464
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab 4x4
    Blue Ox 5th wheel goose ball hitch/B&W turnover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the Viair 450 RV for husband's birthday. He loves it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one has served me well for the past 2 years.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-DC-1...ric/1000092575
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Viar 300P that is now 7+ years old and has performed well. A year ago upon checking tire pressures the switch failed, so to finish topping off the tires and get on the road, I bypassed the switch. Later I contacted Viar to purchase a new switch. They asked when I purchased it, as if still under warranty, they would send one free of charge. In my case it was well past the warranty and so they mentioned I could buy a replacement switch which comes as the entire switch and mount for $30.00. I found I could remove the switch, I searched locally for a switch of the same size and correct amp rating to fit into the mount on the compressor, but was unsuccessful, so I have continued using the compressor without any issues. Overall I have been very happy with my Viar and would buy another, I just may use this as an excuse to splurge for the new RV model. To the OP when looking at a compressor, don't assume you need the most PSI, first determine how you will use it and with what size tires. For example for frequent tire inflation, say for off-roaders who will typically deflate tires to very low levels when heading off-road, then need to inflate 4-tires up when heading back on the road. In such a case a high PSI unit is well worth it, particularly one that has a long duty cycle or rated to run continuously. For a user like myself who uses the pump to top off tires before travel if needed and to have on hand for a on road emergency, a lower PSI unit and by extension a lower cost unit is all that is really needed. My unit at the time I purchased it was rated one step down from Viar's top unit, so less expensive yet very capable for my needs.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa61 View Post
    What was a "want" on my list of things to consider for purchase has now become a NEED.

This past 2 weeks we took a 12 day trip from CO to TX and experienced a difficulty airing up my truck tires. When we are staying at one site for more than a couple of days I have made it a practice of lowering the tire pressure of my rear tires from 80lbs to 65lbs in order to prevent my fillings from falling out of my teeth. I obviously inflate the tires back to 80lbs the night before we depart. Most often I find a gas station to accomplish this and occasionally have used my small inexpensive portable air compressor.

On this trip, the night before pulling out for the return trip to CO, I went to three gas stations, Buckie's, Shell and QT without success in airing up my tires. Buckie's and Shell had air that could be purchased however the maximum pressure was 70lbs. QT had "free" air but it was limited to a maximum of 60lbs. Plan B was to use my small compressor and fill the tires however the compressor overheated and gave out before I could top off one tire not to mention two. Plan C had to be executed which was to depart the campsite and drive to the closest truck stop and use their air. I found an open lane in the tractor trailer lanes and attempted to fill my tires with their air however the valve stems for tractors is larger than the stem for a conventional vehicle. Now I was in a pickle.

Fortunately my prayer was answered and in the tractor trailer area was a tire service truck working on another rig. He came to my rescue and had the equipment necessary to top me off in just a few minutes at which I was more than pleased to tip him accordingly.

Now the NEED. What portable air compressor do you recommend?
    Keith - You just missed a great black Friday sale https://www.technorv.com/viair-450p-...s-a-motorhome/ Is back ordered, but they will still let you order. Sale was about $50 off Give them a call. They may still honer the BF price or may have a new coupon.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12