User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chuck. I may do that. Going shooting is more fun with others.
    When you are in N Dakota you are not too too far from where I am in the summer. Western Ontario just north of International Falls MN.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a little off topic, but, once this COVID stuff dissipates, anyone interested in a GD Rally to do some shooting? Maybe someone needs to start a thread on this? (Not me as I am still working full time, but my wife is retired. We will be fulltiming it in about 18-24 months from now, once my daughter goes off to either college or the Air Force Academy.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get to eastern Iowa, let me know. I have a great private range we can go to, bring what you want to shoot. I also have a pad with 50 amp service and water for you to park on. Contact me and we can have a good time shooting!
    2020 Solitude 375 RES
    Tow Vehicle 2017 F-450 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 6.7 Diesel Titanium White Tri Coat
    To truly know what a man is, give him authority
    Best way to get back on your feet is to get off your ******
    God, Guns, Guts, made America free, lets keep all three

Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck getting them back into Canada! We got strip searched for forgetting we had a pepper spray in our semi truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    1. You will need to file for and receive a 6NIA permit that is good for a year.
    2. For long guns, you're only going to be able to import them in for hunting purposes, and you will have to provide a current hunting permit in the State you are going to hunt in.
    3. Handguns... Do not even invest the time in the attempt. You will not be able to unless you are a recognized competitive shooter and have documentation showing your entry into a sanctioned event.

Amongst the many things I am, I am also a firearms instructor, former competitive shooter, and an an avid collector. Navigating internal US borders is challenging enough, let alone international!
    I'd be as concerned about getting them back into Canada as bringing them down here. I used to shoot competitively on law enforcement teams. When we went to Canada, we had to be met with a police officer (usually one of the shooters from the Vancouver Police Department or one of the Mounties) and then to a local station where we filled out a bunch of paperwork. What a PITA.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SF-SGM View Post
    I'd be as concerned about getting them back into Canada as bringing them down here. I used to shoot competitively on law enforcement teams. When we went to Canada, we had to be met with a police officer (usually one of the shooters from the Vancouver Police Department or one of the Mounties) and then to a local station where we filled out a bunch of paperwork. What a PITA.
    I have all the paperwork for Canada. Possession, transport etc. So I don't think that would be an issue, but I'll ask some questions anyway to be sure. I have been looking into satisfying the 6NIA. Not applying yet as the border is closed at the moment, it makes no sense. But I want to be familiar with the hoops to jump through once traveling south is open again.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, how would anyone know you have weapons in the RV?
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Wait, how would anyone know you have weapons in the RV?
    Canada is notorious for searching RVs as they cross going north. Moot point now, with the border closed. Various states can make all kinds of excuses to search an RV. They may be illegal searches, but that doesn't get impounded guns back any faster, and sometimes they never get returned.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    So, a little off topic, but, once this COVID stuff dissipates, anyone interested in a GD Rally to do some shooting? .
    If this becomes a thing I would highly recommend the Clark County Shooting Complex on the north edge of Las Vegas, NV. Not only do they have extensive shooting ranges they have a large RV park there also.

Our RV was searched once while crossing the border back into the US. I had left my guns with my kids while doing international travel. Rules of the forum say I can't express my feelings on the subject.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Canada is notorious for searching RVs as they cross going north. Moot point now, with the border closed. Various states can make all kinds of excuses to search an RV. They may be illegal searches, but that doesn't get impounded guns back any faster, and sometimes they never get returned.
    Very true Chuck (my wife told me the same thing). I was just kidding anyway
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123