User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert tire linc

Just picked up my imagine 2500rl and see that it’s pre-wired with the lippert tire linc dock. So my question is does anyone have any information and experience either this Tpms system?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re in same situation - 2021 Imagine 2500RL, have the TireLinc base but unable to find any info. Every system I saw online includes the part we already have. I think GD should’ve included info on the TireLinc, Furrion camera-ready, and solar. Pretty much worthless if you have to buy an entire system anyway. IMO if the info and parts are only available at a dealer, it’s prob cheaper to buy an entire system and throw away the extra parts.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the software for this might be its Achilles heal. If the app won’t stay in focus when running in the background and won’t alert if it’s not open than it’s not fun much use. Hope they get the app updated so that’s not the case.

I was going to go with the tire minder until I saw the dock in the garage area. Now I’ll wait til spring in hopes to determine which system to get.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all might want to try this: locate your control panel inside the coach. Is there a QR code on it? If so, download the Grand Design Compass Connect app (both Android and iOS have one). Open the app, and go through the setup, will you are in the coach, you SHOULD find your phone connected to the Compass Connect system, where you have access to the AC/heat, TPMS, lights, leveling system, etc. If not, download the Tire Linc app from Lippert, it should walk you through pairing your phone to each valve stem mounted TPMS sensor. Essentially, you have to scan the tiny QR code on each sensor and it will pair to the app.

The previous is not certified as I don't have my 2021 320MKS yet, but, that is what I have read online. And yes, the information is sparse. I found the Tire Linc manual on the Lippert website.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Sounds like the software for this might be its Achilles heal. If the app won’t stay in focus when running in the background and won’t alert if it’s not open than it’s not fun much use. Hope they get the app updated so that’s not the case.

I was going to go with the tire minder until I saw the dock in the garage area. Now I’ll wait til spring in hopes to determine which system to get.
    If you grant it background notification permissions (on Android), it should still notify you even though the app is not in the foreground. Now, if you run low on memory, it might be killed by the built in Android task manager. Again, I haven't played with it, so, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt for now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very frustrated and gave up finding definitive information on the Tire Linc interfacing with Compass Connect. I also don't want to have to run another app on my phone. I went with this, cheaper and gets very good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works very well. I have it on my '21 Reflection.

You don't need to run any apps, it comes with a separate receiver piece you can keep in the truck. It sends out a tone if there is something outside out of the parameters you set.

If you are running the app, it will also send notifications out, just like email, messenger, Facebook, etc.

Syncing the TireLinc with the Compass was easy....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It works very well. I have it on my '21 Reflection.
    Syncing the TireLinc with the Compass was easy....
    I just set up my Compass app
    When I scanned the TireLinc, it took me to the Lippert online store, so I'm unclear as to what "prepped for" includes
    My guess is nothing but the power, since there are no sending units on the valve stems
    I'm already missing one valve cap, so there's no way I'm installing screw on sensors - I guess that means TireLinc isn't on my shopping list
    I was hoping it was a real system, with sensors inside the tire. Obviously nitrogen was a waste on our unit too.
    Mark and Judy

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    I just set up my Compass app
    When I scanned the TireLinc, it took me to the Lippert online store, so I'm unclear as to what "prepped for" includes
    My guess is nothing but the power, since there are no sending units on the valve stems
    I'm already missing one valve cap, so there's no way I'm installing screw on sensors - I guess that means TireLinc isn't on my shopping list
    I was hoping it was a real system, with sensors inside the tire. Obviously nitrogen was a waste on our unit too.
    Prep means it has the power unit in the front pass through on the Imagines.

Reflections have the whole kit included.

The kit has screw on sending units with locking nuts, just like Tire Minder, TST, etc.

I'm not aware of any add on TPMS systems that use in wheel sensors.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If one’s tow vehicle has Ford’s Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera pkg, a wired back up camera & TPMS are available & integrate both into the in-dash display. That TPMS includes normal in-tire sensors. F250 & up. Finding this info kicked me into research mode. Result - plan now is to watch features avail on F250 & F350. If we traded up now I’d go with F350 6.2L
    Last edited by mbergthold; 11-27-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    Mark and Judy

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast