User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh Water Tank Replacement GD Reflection 295RL

Traveling along a major highway in our 2018 Reflection I noticed fine spray on the right rear of the 5th Wheel. After finding a suitable safe place I looked underneath and saw the fresh water tank scraping the asphalt .
    The right side dropped and wore a hole in the right rear corner of the tank. I was able to get it up and strapped it to secure it. Today I plan to see what and how to proceed. Any Ideas? Warranty was only for original owner.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics would help...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happen to the underbelly? Did it drop also?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few pics of the damage occuring to the fresh water tank and area. I did contact GD and they are in discussion...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Design Reflection Damage (41).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	30496[SIZE=4]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Design Reflection Damage (51).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	30498Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Design Reflection Damage (49).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	30499

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coroplast tore where the washered sheet screws were, allowing it to fall down. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Design Reflection Damage (51).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	30500

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed

A followup on the Reflection 295RL and Grand Design management. I called the nearest GD dealership around the area. It was Lazydays just outside of Tampa. The call was made the first week of Nov 2020. The earliest repair date was Feb 1 2021.
    Two other RV maintenance businesses did not want to deal with Grand Design since we did not have a maintenance warranty. After everything said n done one of my boys helped take out the rest of the torn corroplast, remove the fresh water tank,
    knock out the sheet metal screws, repaint, drill the holes and install stainless bolts and hardware to secure the new freshwater tank GD provided. I also ran 2 straps crossways under the tank. We installed the new corroplast we received from GD and also the Blackwater storage tube replacement from GD because the other one fell off during the mishap. I did call Lazydays and thank them for the three month delayed appointment and cancelled it. I'm sure it made someone happy. BTW, the project was finished the second week of Dec 2020 after GD sent enough corroplast! I asked for 27 ft. They sent 27 inches!
    Last edited by LincolnGuy; 07-28-2021 at 03:04 PM. Reason: extra sentance

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I noticed on our new trailer (one month) that the coroplast has already loosened. Upon inspection, I realized that when I filled the tanks to test them for leaks they bulge down and stretch the coroplast. Once emptied, the material doesn't lay flat again at the edges because it's been stretched. My main point here is that there are only two straps straps holding those tanks up at the ends and I wondered how durable they could be. I know you're not supposed to drive with the tanks full but that's a heck of a lot of weight even getting to a dump station if your boondocking on BLM land. I may get back under and add additional supports for my own peace of mind. Don't want to find them dragging behind me somewhere down the road.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)