Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting fed up of Furrion products

Hello all,

I don't know how you feel about this, but I have had this new RV (Reflection 297RSTS) for a few months only, and I am already fed up of all the Furrion products in it. To the point where I am replacing them with better quality products. I am starting with a Dimplex Revillusion fireplace. The next thing to be replaced will be the microwave convection oven. The radio can wait, since I am not using it. Sooooo happy they haven't installed a Furrion refrigerator in this RV!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i ask what the problem with the fireplace was?

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 cc 4x4 6.4l gas short bed
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustUs&doggo View Post
    Can i ask what the problem with the fireplace was?

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 cc 4x4 6.4l gas short bed
    There are a few problems with the Furrion fireplace, a new one appearing this morning. First, the remote is very unresponsive. I have to push several times on any buttons to get the action I want, and this is done sitting on a recliner a few feet away from the fireplace, right in front of it. Second, the timer stopped working last week. And today, the fan stopped working (although it's working again after shutting/reactivating the breaker). Now, I try not to use the remote anymore, which is a bit frustrating, and I have to shut the heater manually when the RV is warm enough. Another problem is that I would have to push 3 different buttons, two of them several times, to get where I want (let's say heating for one hour at 70 F).

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren't fans of the furion products for the most part. The range has very little play between off and high. The connection oven is inferior to our ge we had in our drv. The gas oven is storage because it isn't good for anything else. The fireplace thermostat is way off. We have to set it for 10 or 15 degrees over or it will never turn back on. The controls on the unit are also not very intuitive.

The backup camera has been ok.

We are planning a remodel and I promise you all the trash is going be taken out.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    We aren't fans of the furion products for the most part. The range has very little play between off and high. The connection oven is inferior to our ge we had in our drv. The gas oven is storage because it isn't good for anything else. The fireplace thermostat is way off. We have to set it for 10 or 15 degrees over or it will never turn back on. The controls on the unit are also not very intuitive.

The backup camera has been ok.

We are planning a remodel and I promise you all the trash is going be taken out.
    I don't blame you. The Furrion products look good, but that's all they can offer. I totally agree with your description of the convection microwave and the range. They are also low quality products. I don't think GD took a good decision when they partnered with Furrion. I suppose the Furrion products are cheaper than others, but they damage GD's reputation. It's a big negative sign in my book.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 5:45 pm; time to prepare the dinner. I was going to make baked potato wedges, but that won't happen today. The Furrion convection microwave has decided it won't work today. I have used it about a dozen times since I bought the RV, and I guess that's too much for it. The Start button is not working anymore. Not on the microwave setting, not on the convection setting and not on the combi setting. It just won't start. I will probably be able to fix it, but I will order a good one and replace it as soon as the new one comes in.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my microwave/convection oven dies (as I'm sure it will), we're replacing it with a microwave only.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    When my microwave/convection oven dies (as I'm sure it will), we're replacing it with a microwave only.
    I like the idea of a microwave/convection combinaison, because the gas oven is pretty useless, as Aridon mentioned. It's just good for storage. I tried to light it up last night when I saw that the microwave/convection wouldn't work, but I couldn't get the gas to go in the oven, for some reasons. I had the same problems with 2 of the burners, a month ago, but I finally got all the burners to work. I hadn't tried the oven yet, so now, I either have to fix the Start button problem or the gas oven problem if I want to bake something.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptuali-T View Post
    I like the idea of a microwave/convection combinaison, because the gas oven is pretty useless, as Aridon mentioned. It's just good for storage. I tried to light it up last night when I saw that the microwave/convection wouldn't work, but I couldn't get the gas to go in the oven, for some reasons. I had the same problems with 2 of the burners, a month ago, but I finally got all the burners to work. I hadn't tried the oven yet, so now, I either have to fix the Start button problem or the gas oven problem if I want to bake something.
    Now, see, I don't need the convection oven (that I don't know how to use anyway), because I have a real oven. Only issue I have with the gas oven is that it's a 2 person job to light it. With the pilot light all the way in the back, under the divider, and I can't get down on my knees, my husband winds up down there, while I push and hold the control dial.

As long as we've purged the propane line to the stove when we set up, we've not had any problems with either the burners or oven.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Now, see, I don't need the convection oven (that I don't know how to use anyway), because I have a real oven. Only issue I have with the gas oven is that it's a 2 person job to light it. With the pilot light all the way in the back, under the divider, and I can't get down on my knees, my husband winds up down there, while I push and hold the control dial.

As long as we've purged the propane line to the stove when we set up, we've not had any problems with either the burners or oven.
    I guess I need to purge the gas line to the range then. I am not sure I understand what you mean with lighting up the gas oven. I need to read the instruction book (but I am a man, you know?). I would think you need to start the pilot light one time, and once it's on, you can light up the oven alone. I guess you are not full-time RVers, and you shut off the pilot light every time you go back home.

Anyway, I won't need the gas oven for now, because last night, the microwave/convection oven was working again (although I didn't do anything to fix it). It says in the instruction manual (I read it, yes... so difficult to go against your genes, I'm telling you!) that you can lock the oven, and I thought maybe it was locked. But if it's locked, it should indicate it on the display, and there was nothing saying that the thing was locked. I tried to lock it (or unlocking it) following the instructions in the manual, but if I would push the start button for over 3 seconds, like the manual says, it would only start the microwave function for 30 seconds (no wonder men don't read instruction manuals!!!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast