User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly to Phoenix Route

I've been looking at Google Maps for a few days now trying to plan this trip. We are leaving in November, so I'm trying to avoid the northern route of I70. I'm looking at I81 S to I40 W. From anyone who has taken this route, what can I expect? Where do you recommend I stop, and where do you recommend we avoid?

Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think in November you really need to come all the way down to I-10 West and go from there. I-40 and even I-20 will put you into possible winter weather in the Texas panhandle and New Mexico for sure, they are going through it now.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I would think in November you really need to come all the way down to I-10 West and go from there. I-40 and even I-20 will put you into possible winter weather in the Texas panhandle and New Mexico for sure, they are going through it now.
    TX is correct
    I would take I81 to I40, then grab I 30 at Little rock to I 20 and run across. I 20 at Shreveport is a bit rough, You still need to keep and eye on the weather, especially freezing rain. Do not stop anywhere near El Paso or La Cruces unless at a secure camp ground. Be sure someone stays with the vehicle getting fuel, etc. in that area.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar