Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank Flush Valves

On my 311BHS and every other 311BHS I've seen, there are three tank flush valves just below the Nautilus system panel. They are labeled Gray Tank | Gray Tank | Black Tank. Beneath the labels are each of the pull valves. Under the first Gray Tank label is a Gray handled pull valve. Under the second Gray Tank label is a Black handled pull valve and under the Black Tank label is a Black Handled pull valve. Does anyone know why GD chooses to use one Gray handle and two Black handles rather than the other way around? Is there some significance to the one Gray handle? Or is it just the way it is and there really is no reason? I watched a youtube video review of the 311BHS and the reviewer mentioned this as well so I thought I would ask here. Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they have more black handle knobs than grey handle knobs sitting in the work bin at the assembly shop line. [emoji2957]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably more fact than fiction. We have three black handles.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    On my 311BHS and every other 311BHS I've seen, there are three tank flush valves just below the Nautilus system panel. They are labeled Gray Tank | Gray Tank | Black Tank. Beneath the labels are each of the pull valves. Under the first Gray Tank label is a Gray handled pull valve. Under the second Gray Tank label is a Black handled pull valve and under the Black Tank label is a Black Handled pull valve. Does anyone know why GD chooses to use one Gray handle and two Black handles rather than the other way around? Is there some significance to the one Gray handle? Or is it just the way it is and there really is no reason? I watched a youtube video review of the 311BHS and the reviewer mentioned this as well so I thought I would ask here. Thanks!
    I have a Refection 337 and all three are black. Probably just as suggested; it’s what they had in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 311BHS and found out that my 3 pull valves were miss labeled and confusing. To find out, I made sure all tanks were empty and then got my hose and went to each sink and toilet one at a time. I started with the master bath. I dispensed water from my garden hose into the sink for a while. Then went to the display panel and pressed the tank buttons to see which tank was filling up. Once i found which tank was filling up, i then went to the pull valves and pulled on each to see which valve released the water. I took notes for each display and valves made new labels to which tanks were shared and which were black etc. i did this for the master bath sink, toilet, shower, kitchen sink and bunk bath sink and toilet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver City View Post
    I have a 2021 311BHS and found out that my 3 pull valves were miss labeled and confusing. To find out, I made sure all tanks were empty and then got my hose and went to each sink and toilet one at a time. I started with the master bath. I dispensed water from my garden hose into the sink for a while. Then went to the display panel and pressed the tank buttons to see which tank was filling up. Once i found which tank was filling up, i then went to the pull valves and pulled on each to see which valve released the water. I took notes for each display and valves made new labels to which tanks were shared and which were black etc. i did this for the master bath sink, toilet, shower, kitchen sink and bunk bath sink and toilet.
    That's a really good idea you had Silver. I'm going to do the same thing once winter is over and I can De-Winterize our 311. Thanks for taking the time to comment here. I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you share what you discovered? Because I think our 22 311BHS is also mislabeled.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth Mellen View Post
    Can you share what you discovered? Because I think our 22 311BHS is also mislabeled.
    @Beth Mellen, it would help if when replying to an old thread if you either "Reply with quote" or cite the poster as I have with you. That way the person you're asking will be notified.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S