Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide issues on 303 rls

just took my 303 rls 5ver into the shop for slide issues. Had read before of problems with Shwintec slides getting out of sync or square. Mine started doing that and would only move intermittently. They tell me both motors ned replacing. Three weeks to get the motors. Also the drivers side, kitchen slide is tearing the front bottom edge up. Have to pull the slide to fix. All this as we are in the SW for winter. Fortunately it is still under the 1 yr warranty. Anyone experienced a issue with the guide edge being torn up on a kitchen slide? Does three weeks for parts sound normal?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta reply to my own post..read up on shwintec slides, controllers. Watched some utube videos. I pulled the motor I thought was not working right. It ran intermittently like the other. I squared up the slide to even. Reinstalled the motor. Pulled power feed from controller, (it showed error #8 , motor 1), plugged back in 30 sec later. Ran slide out and in four times. It re synced and is working good now. Wondering why the shop thinks I need two new motors?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Gotta reply to my own post..read up on shwintec slides, controllers. Watched some utube videos. I pulled the motor I thought was not working right. It ran intermittently like the other. I squared up the slide to even. Reinstalled the motor. Pulled power feed from controller, (it showed error #8 , motor 1), plugged back in 30 sec later. Ran slide out and in four times. It re synced and is working good now. Wondering why the shop thinks I need two new motors?
    That's good that you've solved it on your own. I guess they were looking for warranty money or just didnt even bother looking at it or troubleshooting since it's under warranty. Just order parts.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just took my 303 rls 5ver into the shop for slide issues. Had read before of problems with Shwintec slides getting out of sync or square. Mine started doing that and would only move intermittently. They tell me both motors ned replacing. Three weeks to get the motors. Also the drivers side, kitchen slide is tearing the front bottom edge up. Have to pull the slide to fix. All this as we are in the SW for winter. Fortunately it is still under the 1 yr warranty. Anyone experienced a issue with the guide edge being torn up on a kitchen slide? Does three weeks for parts sound normal?
    Did you figure out what caused the bottom edge on your kitchen slide to tear? My 2019 303RLS did the same thing, I am checking to see if the extended warranty will cover the repair. How did they fix the torn edge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 SD Diesel, 6 3/4’ Box
    B&W Gooseneck ATU

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may have rollers toward the front edge that you cannot see from above. May have to take a forklift and take the slide out to replace them.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJonesteam View Post
    Did you figure out what caused the bottom edge on your kitchen slide to tear? My 2019 303RLS did the same thing, I am checking to see if the extended warranty will cover the repair. How did they fix the torn edge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tried to reply previously. Hum.. I never figured what tore pieces out of my leading bottom edge on our kitchen slide. I trimed the rough edges and taped it with extreme gorilla tape. It's still holding up after almost a year.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 303rls

On ours the kitchen slide started tearing the flooring near the island as it went in and out. I scheduled and returned it to Grand Design and they replaced the floor. Other issues; Lippert repaired a broken spring mount and reinforced all the other mounts. Multiple trim pieces needed repairs. We have had no problems with any of the slide controls or motors. Fireplace did not cycle, just either on or off. GD replaced it. Recalls for microwave backer and basement wiring. Hot water tank control board died, warranty denied by Dometic 3 months out of the 2 year warranty. Anything else was self inflicted. My only complaint is with Dometic and their failure prone control boards.

Brian
    Brian & Shea+ Zeke & Roxy GSP’s
    2018 GD Reflection 303RLS 800w solar 400ah LiFePO4
    Sold 2018 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat gas 2,980# payload
    2024 Ford F-350 4x4 CCSB Lariat diesel 4,000# payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check to make sure you have rollers. I’ve got a 2021 28BH that GD never installed the rollers in the floor of the bedroom wardrobe slide. The entire slide is hanging on the schwintek system. Whoops
    2021 Reflection 28BH, 09/20 build
    2018 Ram Mega Cab 6.4L Hemi