User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up I-10/12 at Beaumont and dropped off I-12 N of New Orleans. Fontainebleau State Park is a pretty place to spend a night or couple of days. I selected a huge pull through, turns out they are old school; power/water on passenger side unless you circle around and come in backwards. V shaped pull through so was difficult to get parked on the pavement. The new back ins on the other side are much better.

Anyway, the good the bad and the ugly. They have made huge improvements over the last 5 years, and they are still working on it. The new road is excellent (the good), the old road still has it's up's and downs, beware of chucking (the bad), around the construction sites there are huge pot holes, lots of big whams, and that was at 55mph. When we stopped for a break I noted my right front wheel canted, oh no I thought, broke something. So I am underneath crawling in the grass looking for broke stuff, nothing, hmmmm! Then I realized I had started a turn then stopped, the rig was not straight, it was in a turn. Then I remembered the wheels naturally cant some when you are in a turn, pulled out straight, everything was straight and normal. Whew!!

I am quite happy that I upgraded my springs when I had the disk brakes installed.

When you get into the construction zones slow down a lot and hog the left lane, it appeared to me that the worst pot holes where in the right lanes close to bridges and other road zone changes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201109_164658.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	30618
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas thank you, that is great info! I was going to try to do it in two days but may have to slow down and do it in three. It's still 5 months away so maybe there will be some progress on the construction...and I plan on winning the lottery tonight lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey...our great hwys are built through swamps! If you think I-10 is bad try Hwy 90 from Lafayette to New Orleans. I have a special Louisiana owners package that was included with our Solitude. Drum of Gorilla glue and a brad nailer!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use US 84 across Georgia and Mississippi then zig north to I 20 to and from Florida. A little slower but not much traffic, more things todo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternate route, I-10 to Beaumont, then 190 east to Covington LA, where it connects to I-12. Only a few miles left of Louisiana. Not bad road, you can drive slower than 70 mph, more scenic and less stressful. Not very many miles out of route either. You are running parallel to I-10.
    2020 Solitude 375 RES
    Tow Vehicle 2017 F-450 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 6.7 Diesel Titanium White Tri Coat
    To truly know what a man is, give him authority
    Best way to get back on your feet is to get off your ******
    God, Guns, Guts, made America free, lets keep all three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I-10 through Louisiana is horrible, I just drove it 5 months ago! I will go out of my way to avoid Louisiana roads altogether.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    Alternate route, I-10 to Beaumont, then 190 east to Covington LA, where it connects to I-12. Only a few miles left of Louisiana. Not bad road, you can drive slower than 70 mph, more scenic and less stressful. Not very many miles out of route either. You are running parallel to I-10.
    Just looked at that route on Google maps, definitely a alternative route thanks!! Is it 2 lane, 4 lane and are there a bunch of small towns to go thru? My only issue will be a short time to get to Disney, really 2 days traveling, 3 at most. Thanks for your input! edit...just noticed we have the same truck and trailer...cool!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm committed, bad roads or not! Just booked 8 nights at Ft Wilderness and 5 days of passes for the parks, my grandson will be pumped lol. Disney is open and the park hopper pass is back but no fast passes yet. They said at current crowd levels they're not needed. Hopefully the pandemic situation will look a little better in early April when we go but we'll see. I'm allowing 3 days to tow down and 3 days back. Ft Wilderness has sites open still, the gal said in normal times I would have to book for April 2022! Crazy
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    Hey...our great hwys are built through swamps! If you think I-10 is bad try Hwy 90 from Lafayette to New Orleans. I have a special Louisiana owners package that was included with our Solitude. Drum of Gorilla glue and a brad nailer!!
    Comparing Louisiana I-10 to I-20, the stretch of I-20 west of Shreveport is the worst! Recently experienced both routes from Texas to NC to Lower Alabama, then Biloxi Beach, and back to Central Texas.

The bright spot (just east of Shreveport) was a Lincoln Parish Park, Louisiana. What a gem this time of year. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...Louisiana.html
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12