Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD imagine xls battery inverter

I am new imagine xls 21bhe trailer owner.
    I have a question
    On imagine xls if I use inverter between the battery and 30 amp shore power cord to power AC appliances, is there an easy way to disable 12 volt battery charger? It automatically starts working as it thinks it is connected to shore power but it wastes the battery’s energy.
    I saw a fuse called battery protect or something. Does it disable the charger? If not what is the function of that fuse?
    Thank you

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoyuran View Post
    I am new imagine xls 21bhe trailer owner.
    I have a question
    On imagine xls if I use inverter between the battery and 30 amp shore power cord to power AC appliances, is there an easy way to disable 12 volt battery charger? It automatically starts working as it thinks it is connected to shore power but it wastes the battery’s energy.
    I saw a fuse called battery protect or something. Does it disable the charger? If not what is the function of that fuse?
    Thank you
    You could just disconnect the battery. We installed a real disconnect at the battery for when we store it. That could work for you.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07413JWLD/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great suggestion. Thank you

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you intend to power with the inverter? The single 12V battery from the dealer is barely adequate for a night of camping without an inverter added.
    I pulled the panel off the converter and checked, the converter in our 2650 is on its own circuit breaker so I turn it off when I'm running an inverter.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 120 amp hour lithium Iron Phosphate battery. I was planning on running TV maybe at night when dry camping. When I connect shore power cable to the inverter, it also starts trying to charge the battery with converter which is wasted energy. Can you post a picture what are you disabling? there is a battery protect fuse? Does that do anything with charging or not charging the battery?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 120 amp hour lithium Iron Phosphate battery. I was planning on running TV maybe at night when dry camping. When I connect shore power cable to the inverter, it also starts trying to charge the battery with converter which is wasted energy. Can you post a picture what are you disabling? there is a battery protect fuse? Does that do anything with charging or not charging the battery?
    **If** the converter and the inverter are separate units, the converter is typically on its own 120v circuit breaker. Just turn the circuit breaker off when you do not want the converter to run. The circuit breaker is in the main distribution panel.

**If** they are a single unit, it should automatically sense when the inverter is running and disable the converter.

I do not know the XLS line. is this the stock converter/inverter setup from the factory or was this added later? If added, what make and model is the inverter?

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    **If** the converter and the inverter are separate units, the converter is typically on its own 120v circuit breaker. Just turn the circuit breaker off when you do not want the converter to run. The circuit breaker is in the main distribution panel.

**If** they are a single unit, it should automatically sense when the inverter is running and disable the converter.

I do not know the XLS line. is this the stock converter/inverter setup from the factory or was this added later? If added, what make and model is the inverter?

Chris
    It is a 25 feet travel trailer that does not come with inverter. I use my own 750 Watt inverter plugging in the shore power cord. Thank you. I will look for circuit breaker and see if it works. Would it kill 12V appliances though if I turn off the converter or does battery still supports the 12 V appliances?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a 25 feet travel trailer that does not come with inverter. I use my own 750 Watt inverter plugging in the shore power cord. Thank you. I will look for circuit breaker and see if it works. Would it kill 12V appliances though if I turn off the converter or does battery still supports the 12 V appliances?
    All 120v receptacles or on the same breaker. At least in ours they are.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    120v (AC) breaker is totally separate from the 12V (DC) circuits. Turning off a 120v AC circuit breaker will not immediately effect your 12v DC lights. The lights are run off of the battery. **If** the battery is good (charged) it will run the lights for awhile. They, and other 12v DC loads will run the battery down after awhile and the battery will need to be recharged.

Again, I do not know your specific trailer model, but on ours (a Solitude) the converter is the only item on that 120v AC circuit breaker. Turning that one circuit breaker off does not effect any other 120v AC circuit. Here is a picture of our distribution panel; The 20A breaker for the converter is the third one from the bottom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9202.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	30487

I hope that helps

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 10-30-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -- Deleted. Duplicate post. ---
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO