User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammock with stand recommendations please!

Anyone have a hammock with a stand they could recommend? We have a couple tethered types but I'm noticing some campgrounds around here are starting to say nothing attached to trees. Yes some do allow the special wider straps which we have, but some campgrounds just blanket statement it with nothing attached to trees. Also want the stand type since you might not have a decent set of trees to attach to. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwood BBQ View Post
    Anyone have a hammock with a stand they could recommend? We have a couple tethered types but I'm noticing some campgrounds around here are starting to say nothing attached to trees. Yes some do allow the special wider straps which we have, but some campgrounds just blanket statement it with nothing attached to trees. Also want the stand type since you might not have a decent set of trees to attach to. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Yes, gone are the days of being able to use the trees for sleeping & relaxing! Look up Eagle Nest Outfitters. They have a wide variety of hammocks & stands. The best one that fits for use on uneven ground is a bit pricey but well worth it. They run over $200 just for the stand.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two of these and we feel they work perfect. Nylon. There are two different sizes so make sure and look at the dimensions if ya'll require one for a tall person. You don't have to use the canopy but it comes in handy. ACE hardware sells them around here. If you do a search for "free standing hammock with canopy", it will pop up. It appears durable and after about 5-6 times of use, still working fine.

Mac Sports 26.4 in. W x 91.3 in. L Blue Portable Hammock With Stand
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwood BBQ View Post
    I am in no way affiliated with this company but I have been looking at their Bare Bones Hammock Mount for myself.

https://www.mcleanmetalworksmfg.com/shop
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got this one off Amazon a couple years ago and we love it. Different brand, but its the exact same picture. "Pure Garden" Portable Hammock with Stand-Folds and Fits into Included Carry Bag for Easy Travel-Perfect for Backyard, Pool, Beach, Hiking and More. We paid under $40 for it; they're coming up under $200 now (I wouldn't pay that much, but that's me). Ours is a "Stalwart portable hammock."

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Garden-P...199811&sr=8-10
    Last edited by dannybraner; 11-12-2020 at 10:41 AM.