User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching too many RV Roof Install videos and it caused me to crawl all over my roof to do an inspection. Also in need of some attention is another layer of caulking where the roof membrane meets the gutter - too many small gaps. And I still have to address that bedroom slide.

I'll be in Chattanooga for a few days early next week. Gonna stop by RV Roof Install and talk to them about things an owner can do to prevent having to do a total roof replacement. It should be interesting. Based on the You Tube videos he posts he seems like quite a character.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KamFlyer View Post
    We had this issue on all the slides on our 2019 Solitude 374TH. The metal flange that extends along the edge of the slide was cut just a tad too long and had a sharp edge. That sharp edge was wearing through the sealing tape when the slide was retracted. I used a file and a hammer to round the corner and smooth out the sharp edge then added a new layer of Eternabond over it.
    Attachment 30481
    Same issue with mine. I haven't addressed it yet, but I need to soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'll be in Chattanooga for a few days early next week. Gonna stop by RV Roof Install and talk to them about things an owner can do to prevent having to do a total roof replacement. It should be interesting. Based on the You Tube videos he posts he seems like quite a character.
    Hi Larry - did you ever met up with the guy at RV Roof? I was wondering what info he shared. If you did met with him would you mind sharing here for all of is to learn ?
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Hi Larry - did you ever met up with the guy at RV Roof? I was wondering what info he shared. If you did met with him would you mind sharing here for all of is to learn ?
    I did meet with the guy at RV Roof. I think his name is Joe. He was a really nice guy. Anyway, at first he thought I might be trying to get his secrets but he came around and realized I was just a "curious George". I didn't pick up any super reveling tips worth passing on other than to be sure to use some kind of primer before caulking.

We talked about mounting antennas. How the AC feet were put on when he raises them above the roof a bit. He showed me another roof one of his guys was working on for the front of a class C. He had a Mobile Suite in there he was working on. I didn't bother going up on the scaffolding, there wasn't much to see.

I probably spent a good 30 or 40 minutes there. He showed me some of the caulks/sealers he used. He even gave me a used up caulk tube as i thought I might use it for some touch ups. I called one of the companies he gets caulk from (can't remember the name). In the end I went out and purchased some primer & Alpha caulk to recaulk the sides of my roof where it meets the aluminum channels.

I figure if I need serious roof work he would be someone to see. He certainly has lots of work.

His refrigeration man came by toward the end of our conversation so we switched topics and the refer guy and I chatted for a while (I'll talk to just about anyone - can't you tell? ) He was an interesting fellow and we shared some stories about absorption refrigerators and the newer compressor types.

One more note.... I choose to got with the Alpha sealants simply because I have an Alpha TPO roof and that is what they recommend. I still need to get up on the roof and reseal that seam on both sides all along the rig.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Larry - this was helpful.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12