User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bins beside bed and under closet - How to Modify

In our Transcend Xplor 200MK we have deep sort of narrow bins under our closets on both sides of the bed. They are open in so you can stuff things back in there but they are so deep that once you do stuff something in there you can't get it out easily. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to make them more useful. Thanks.
    Last edited by SueBane; 10-30-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    John and Sue
    From Virginia
    2018 F150 5.0L V8
    2021 Transcend Xplor 200MK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have your model of RV, but we've encountered that issue in other storage spaces. We found long, narrow wire-framed cloth "baskets" to slide into these places. They're easy to pull out so you can get to your "stuff." You may have to search on-line (think Amazon, etc.) to find something close to the dimensions you need.

Rob

Edit/PS: consider modifying your profile to create a signature block with information on your RV and (possibly) tow vehicle. That will save having to repeat the information whenever you post a question. (See mine below.)
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303, which has a very deep storage compartment on each end of the sofa. The door is about 6-8” across, and the compartment goes the depth of the sofa. Needless to say, it is either a lot of wasted space or a place to lose a lot of stuff, due to the depth and narrow nature of the opening.

We keep our extra paper products (toilet tissue, still in 6-pack wrappers, rolls of paper towels, boxes of Kleenex and packages of napkins and paper plates) in the back of these compartments, with each side being about half-full of this kind of stuff. We don’t need to access it often, so it’s not too big a deal to go digging when you do need it. That leaves the front half of each compartment for books, magazines, etc. in a tall magazine storage unit, and there is room for a laptop or tablet and a lap pad.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drawer pull outs

I ran into a similar problem with some skinny cabinets in our sticks & bricks. I built drawer pull outs in the 11" deep x 6" wide cabinets. 11" slides are somewhat difficult to find, but an online supplier called Hardware Hut has all sizes with a variety of weight ratings. You might be able to do something like that & order the length slide/s you need. In my pics, you will notice the slide is on the bottom. I did that to save space on the already narrow cabinet. Each of the 11" slides is rated for 110lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pullout.col.jpg  
    Last edited by cruisinTx; 11-02-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this suggestion. I used your idea but I did put the paper products in a garbage bag so I can reach in and pull the bag out by the tie. Otherwise, I could not reach what got pushed way to the back. Also bought the wire baskets for what goes in front of the paper products.
    John and Sue
    From Virginia
    2018 F150 5.0L V8

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit/PS: consider modifying your profile to create a signature block with information on your RV and (possibly) tow vehicle. That will save having to repeat the information whenever you post a question. (See mine below.)[/QUOTE]

Rob: Is that what they call a "thread tag"?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    Edit/PS: consider modifying your profile to create a signature block with information on your RV and (possibly) tow vehicle. That will save having to repeat the information whenever you post a question. (See mine below).

Rob: Is that what they call a "thread tag"?
    I just stumbled on to this - in the future you can use "Reply With Quote" (next to "Reply" - as I have done here) and the person to whom you are replying will get a notification.

No, a thread tag is something different. I don't know if it's only available to paid members, but go to Settings -> My Settings (in a box on the left) -> Edit Signature. Enter your information there and save it. If you don't see that option, it's probably only available to paid subscribers. One of the moderators might chime in on that...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I just stumbled on to this - in the future you can use "Reply With Quote" (next to "Reply" - as I have done here) and the person to whom you are replying will get a notification.

No, a thread tag is something different. I don't know if it's only available to paid members, but go to Settings -> My Settings (in a box on the left) -> Edit Signature. Enter your information there and save it. If you don't see that option, it's probably only available to paid subscribers. One of the moderators might chime in on that...

Rob
    Thanks, Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I modified my signature to show our RV model and TV. Please let me know if it’s not visible. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    John and Sue
    From Virginia
    2018 F150 5.0L V8

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SueBane View Post
    I think I modified my signature to show our RV model and TV. Please let me know if it’s not visible. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You got it!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015