User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside TV for movies

Ok I have the TCL TVs inside and outside. Grandkids want to watch scary movies outside tomorrow night and have a fire. I put the DVD in the Furrion multiplayer inside and it starts to play. I changed to the speaker outside and can hear the movie but I can’t get a picture outside. I switched outside TV source to every choice but no picture. I can switch to TV and get channels. The coax input is on cable. The movie will play inside. To be honest we’ve had this camper over a year and have never used the outside TV. Thanks in advance.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There need to be an HDMI connection between the TV and DVD. Don't the Reflections have an HDMI port somewhere near the outside TV mount?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t see one in the outside TV cabinet. This TV doesn’t swivel ( something I’ll remedy) so it’s very tight quarters. All I saw was a coax port for cable and satellite. I’ll check tomorrow.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mind is a bit ADD this morning so here are the things that my mind asked this morning...

Is there a setting on the tv that has to be switched, like maybe to Aux input?
    Maybe GD messed up the wiring, did you try the sattelite output?
    IF there is an HDMI It is likely on the tv itself. That would requre a fairly long HDMI. If you want to watch cable outside there might be a dual hookup like we have in the bedroom. If we want cable on the bedroom TV I have to screw the coax into the other output. (our plate has 2 outputs ,one marked cable. I think this is where they try snd get you to upgrade to a Solitude. The sad part is the electronics are supposed to have improved since our 2014 version, doesn't sound like it.

In the end it's likely easier to go buy and hook up an inexpensive dvd player for outside.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-31-2020 at 06:16 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option might be the HDMI transmitter/receivers.....wireless of course. The HDMI signal, from whatever source is then transmitted to a receiver or multiple receivers. The receiver is plugged into the viewing device (outside TV in your case) with a regular HDMI cable.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a "dumb" tv in our Imagine. The kids got us a new Blue Ray player for the house so the old one got recycled to the trailer.
    So a cheap Blue Ray may be your solution.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have camper specific knowledge for yours, but plenty of home AV experience. By my recollection on my camper I only have a coax connection on the outside. Coax is for tv channels. Your DVD player needs an HDMI or older video style connection. If you don't have that then you are out of luck. If you do, then you likely have to change the input on the outside TV to use that video port. You may also have to do something on the inside as well to use an alternate output.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Skippy View Post
    To be honest we’ve had this camper over a year and have never used the outside TV.
    You've got good advice already; just posting to let you know that we never once turned on the outside TV in our previous trailer. You're not strange, because I'm not!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I stopped by WallyWorld this morning and picked up a $25 DVD player. It will suffice for tonight. Thank for all the information.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    You've got good advice already; just posting to let you know that we never once turned on the outside TV in our previous trailer. You're not strange, because I'm not!
    Well here in South Carolina in the summer sitting outside in the evening is for sadomasochists that enjoy profuse sweating, heat strokes, and bites from mosquitos the size of small birds. I very rarely use the outside kitchen either. When I do I breakout my Blackstone grill, not the pitiful ”grill” in the outside kitchen. 😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast