Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 295 RL cover

We are picking up our new reflection 295 RL today. Can anyone recommend a good cover to purchase? Also, has anyone had Success w the clear coat protection extended warranty? We live in Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - did you ever get a response or cover for your 295 RL? We bought our 295 RL in April of 2021 and am considering a cover. we are in PA so I need winter protection.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiandBainPA View Post
    Hi - did you ever get a response or cover for your 295 RL? We bought our 295 RL in April of 2021 and am considering a cover. we are in PA so I need winter protection.
    We had one for our 2019 295RL, the ADCO 5er 35' version, dont remember which model. We used it for 2yrs and decided it was a PITA to take on/off each year because you had to get on the roof and pull the heavy material up and then over EVERYTHING. Then have to go and strap it all down while making sure to place snag and hole "guard" protectors (home made) on all sharp edges (i.e. rain gutter spouts, slide toppers, awnings, any sharp corners, etc.). And we still experienced tears anyways. Then there is the initial cover cost of about $400 and the huge size/weight of the storage bag and cover that needs to be stored when not using it.

All in all, we gave the cover away, and now pay for covered parking in a (3 sided) RV storage facility which protects the 5er from all elements but some wind on the front shell, and it has a 110v outlet to trickle charge the battery during storage as well. This becomes an annual expense, but, no PITA cover to put on/off, cover repairs to fix, and no climbing on the roof to do it.

So, my suggestion would be: to pay for RV storage, build a barn or RV port, so that you can hookup/unhook and drive away.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention the potential for the cover to do more damage to the trailer, as it will inevitably flap in the wind, rub against the finish and cause chaffing. A very common occurrence with covers. Dust, dirt, sand, snow will find it's way beneath the cover and rub. Many people love their covers but just as many despise them.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that's great information. I do want to be able to easily hook up and go (South) during wintertime so I would be messing with the cover more than once a season. Something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that's great information. I do want to be able to easily hook up and go (South) during wintertime so I would be messing with the cover more than once a season. Something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard some complain about the safety factor while on the roof, too many things to trip on.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs