Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoor kitchen holding tank on a 2020 3950BH

Hey everyone,

I picked up a 2020 3950BH 5th wheel this June with the intention of renovating the 2nd bathroom in to a mobile office for part time travel. I gutted the bathroom shortly after taking delivery, removed the vanity, shower and toilet, capping all plumbing. I then patched the holes in the floor and laid new flooring. From there the walls have been going up and I'm currently building in-place cabinetry where the shower used to be.

This morning I winterized the camper and realized the rear dump valves were reversed. The outdoor kitchen wouldnt drain from the valve marked GRAY but it did from the valve marked BLACK. Ok, no big deal. I can swap the handles and print a new label.

But then I noticed something in the water I drained into a 5 gal pail... black plastic floaties. When I removed the toilet I had to do a lot of cutting to get that flange off. Most went into the clean dry tank. Is it possible they plumbed the outdoor kitchen sump pump to the BLACK tank?

I'm panicing now because I put a 4" cap on the toilet stand pipe but never glued it. I figured since that was the only device which would ever use it, I'd leave it easy to convert back, "just in case". Now I'm worried I've burried a time bomb with the sink potentially draining in to this tank.

Does anyone know for sure? This does seem like a no-no and I'm hoping the black plastic I saw was from factory drillings into the rear gray tank.

Anyone know for sure?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easy way to test....empty both tanks, put water into the outdoor kitchen, see which one it drains from
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    easy way to test....empty both tanks, put water into the outdoor kitchen, see which one it drains from
    Problem is, the shower, vanity and toilet are gone. The only tank I can add water to is the one the outdoor kitchen empties in to but I havw no idea which one that is; I would imagine it *should* be the gray tank. I originally thought the valve handle colors were incorrectly installed because pulling the black handle drains the kitchen waste but without someone definitely confirming where the kitchen goes, the only way to confirm is to tear up the floor or belly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I am saying, add water in the sink at the outdoor kitchen, see which tank it drains from - do not have to do anything in the bathroom for this.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)