User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    The wires for controlling the call for heat go to a control board in the A/C plenum. At least Mine does. Check the t-stat wires up there in the ceiling. When you take the cover off the A/C plenum, you will see a white or ivory fibreglass box. If your trailer is wired like mine, the thermostat wires will be there. I don't have a 310GK but thought I'd toss this out there in case they are similar.
    Thanks. I’ll pass that on. Today I called GD. Pretty cool that I can actually talk to someone there. I opened a case with them so the details would be noted on that end as well. Don’t know if it does any good. That guy thinks control board. But I think he was referring the one on the furnace. We’ll see. First world problem but hopefully I’ll figure it out before next winter.
    2024 310GK
    2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW, B&W companion

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txloser View Post
    Thanks. I’ll pass that on. Today I called GD. Pretty cool that I can actually talk to someone there. I opened a case with them so the details would be noted on that end as well. Don’t know if it does any good. That guy thinks control board. But I think he was referring the one on the furnace. We’ll see. First world problem but hopefully I’ll figure it out before next winter.
    The problem you are experiencing is not unheard of. I remember reading a few threads like this one. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people ask advice, get some responses but then disappear from the forum until the next issue and don't post the solution to the first problem.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    The problem you are experiencing is not unheard of. I remember reading a few threads like this one. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people ask advice, get some responses but then disappear from the forum until the next issue and don't post the solution to the first problem.
    I see that all the time on forums too. I’ll be sure and follow up. Maybe it’ll help someone else down the road.
    2024 310GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up my trailer today. Dealer bench tested the heater/took it apart looking for issues. All was good. Reinstalled it and worked it hard. No issues. They have no idea why it’s fixed, but figure there was probably a bad connection somewhere and putting it back together did the trick.

I ran it myself in their campground before I left. Set the temp at 97 and called it good after 27 minutes of running. Who knows.
    2024 310GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. So the heater actually isn’t fixed. Well, I don’t think it’s the heater. When at the dealer I tested it on batteries only. Worked great. On shore power it cuts out after some time before reaching temp. Running it now on batteries again and it’ll run all day. Ideas there? Furnace is on a 15 amp fuse on a sub panel. Breaker for the sub panel is 30amp, but has a bunch of stuff on it including the fridge. Maybe something there?
    2024 310GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the bottom of this one.....

Took it to an independent shop and paid out of pocket. Dealer was useless. Bad board and bad blower motor. Not sure what the board issue was or which issue came first, but the blower motor was amping out somewhere north of 12 amps and shutting the whole thing down. 10 amps is the max on the motor. That section of the cage was bent up from day one, so I'm guessing someone at the factory crushed or dropped the furnace causing this. Since I live in Texas and there's odd franchise laws, so GD won't cover any of it, but that's ok. It fixed now.
    2024 310GK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12